Marketing Manager - R0923/N0924
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Manager will manage a variety of marketing communications activities associated with our go to market plans. Responsibilities will include the end-to-end management of Daisy Corporate Services events, development and execution of B2B campaigns, production of sector marketing plans, sales collateral, internal marketing and online presence, social media marketing and the execution of customer development and new business strategies. On all activities working directly with suppliers, partners and internal stakeholders to ensure highest levels of delivery are achieved, cost-effectively to allocated budget.
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Hours: Monday to Friday - shifts between 8.30am to 5.30pm
B2B Campaign and Lead Generation
- Manage the planning, implementation and execution of lead generating campaigns.
- Proposition development.
- Campaign planning, development and business engagement.
- Creative development and execution of campaign materials.
- Budget management.
- Reporting and analysis of campaign effectiveness.
- Ensure continuity for branding and messages on all marketing communications.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external stakeholders on the provision of Daisy Corporate Services information and identity.
- Develop copy for marketing communications.
- Manage the development, artwork and distribution of DCS case studies.
- Manage the evolution, content, production and distribution of internal newsletters.
- Coordinate the production of corporate collateral as required.
- Manage the production process, including copy writing, content/message consistency, proofreading, version management, art working and print as required.
- Ensure promotion and distribution within the business and/or externally.
- Work alongside the Creative Services team to promote DCS via social media platforms.
- Understand the wider business social media policy, usage and processes.
- Coordinate data management for marketing requirements.
- Work with Sales to ensure the quality of centrally-held data.
- Ensure upload of all marketing leads onto CRM and monitor lead progression for accurate reporting.
- Make recommendations and input for continuous improvement practices including process efficiency.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Budget coordination and accountability.
- Partner financial management (co-funds).
- Requesting invoices and purchase orders from internal team.
- Ensuring accurate recording of all marketing spend.
- Extensive marketing experience in an IT/Technology company
- A business or marketing related degree or equivalent marketing qualification (such as CIM Certificate/Diploma)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Budget management experience
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Proven experience in managing events
- Proven experience in campaign and lead management
- Ability to demonstrate ROMI
- Proven experience in social media marketing
- Practical experience in digital marketing and online media
- Experience of managing relationships with external suppliers including agencies, designers and print suppliers
- Copywriting and copy editing
- Flexible 'can do’ attitude
- Creative and willing to share ideas
- Team player
- Results oriented
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.