Claims Consortium Group is one of the leading claims management firms in the South West. Recently winning the Queen's Award for Innovation and noted in Sunday Times' Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, Claims Consortium Group prides itself in providing service excellence to the industry.
In line with our company values, we lead the way in ensuring employees are valued through our great list of benefits, some of which include pension scheme, dress down, your birthday day off, BHSF Health Cover, up to 20% off Vodafone bundles for family/friends and much more!
Working closely alongside the Financial Director, we are looking for a hands-on Financial Controller who will lead a team of 18 employees whilst dealing with all areas of the business. The role provides significant growth opportunities and you will play a key role in driving the future success of this business. Assisting Directors, Management and employees with financial information, the role will require someone who is both financially and commercially minded, with the ability to provide expert advice where necessary.
- Responsible for all aspects of Financial Management and Accountancy functions
- Advise and support Directors in meeting their statutory regulatory obligations, policy and contractual practices.
- Responsible for Group accounts, all statutory returns and deadlines and Group VAT Returns.
- Financial Analysis of clients, suppliers and competitors.
- Liaising with HMRC, Companies House, accountants, auditors, bankers, financial advisers and other organisations.
- Ensuring the economic, efficient and effective running of the Finance team.
- Ensure meeting legal obligations with all Financial requirements.
- Qualitative and quantitative target setting.
- Strategic thinker whilst being able to manage operational activities.
- Supporting the FD in developing and delivering the organisations financial and business strategy.
- Create monthly/annual reports to identify trends, results and financial forecasts.
- Lead and develop growth within the finance team.
- Access and Dimensions system
- Financial modelling analysis and Excel skills, VB and/or SQL programming skills preferable
- Staff management experience and leadership
- Process review and change management experience
- Group and consolidation accounting
Internal: Directors, FD, management, finance team, all areas of the business
External: Clients, policyholders, suppliers, lending institutions, HMRC, Companies House, Accountants, Auditors
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience within a Financial Controller or senior position within Finance.
- ACCA/CIMA Qualified preferable
- Experience with Access (Dimensions also preferable)
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages)
- Ability to remain focused during high volume periods
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Good organisation skills
- You will become a member of our Finance Team
- Team size - 18
Location, Hours and Salary:
- Hours - flexible as of the needs of the business
- Taunton, Somerset
- Salary is up to £55,000 dependent on experience, qualifications and benefits - negociation can be reviewed
Claims Consortium Group provides property claims handling and claims workflow technologies to insurers, brokers and other property service organisations across the UK.
Our specialist claims handling services include Property Consortium UK, Property Consortium Drainage, Building Claims Services, Motor Claims Services and Claims Consortium Subsidence.
Our workflow technologies business drives industry-leading levels of management information and service excellence.
Customer service is the foundation of everything we do. We are constantly innovating to improve the customer experience by making the claims process more efficient for everyone involved.
We value openness and honesty and we are committed to raising standards across the entire industry.
If you are looking to progress your career and want to be a part of something great, check out the Claims Consortium Group website and Facebook page!
We lead the way, We care for our people, We love what we do, We do the right thing...