Lead Java Developer
My client is now looking for a Lead Java Developer.
Lead java developer responsibilities
· Developing new software solutions.
· Maintaining and enhancing existing software solutions.
· Monitoring and researching new technologies appropriate to the business.
· Use existing / new skills and capabilities to contribute to the successful development of software solutions to meet exacting requirements.
· Working within an Agile development team at all stages of the development cycle.
· Working on own initiative to achieve agreed specification and timing.
· Maintaining adequate documentation to meet the needs of the business.
· Meeting internal and external clients to analyse their needs.
· Sharing knowledge with development group on regular basis.
Lead java developer Specification
· Due to the nature of the position and environment it is essential you have a good degree or Masters in Computer Science, e-commerce or a related subject
· At least 10 years of experience in software development, with a preference for experience in a supervisory capacity.
Lead java developer Competencies and Skills required
· The ability to confidently and clearly communicate complex technical information to colleagues.
· Interest in design methodologies, software patterns.
· Good team player, creative and proactive.
· Capable of working under occasional pressure, comfortable about working to tight timing deadlines.
· Willing to adjust to occasional flexible working arrangements within an agreed framework in order to meet the needs of the business.
· Ability to manage a team of developers and testers
· Ability to work with the project managers to ensure that sprints are delivered on time
· Ability to code review other developers code and to support junior members in adhering to coding and architectural standards
· Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
· Experience in the following would be advantageous:
o JEE technologies - EJB / Servlet / Spring MVC / JSP / FreeMarker etc
o Server technologies - JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere, Glassfish, Geronimo, Apache, Linux
o RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MYSQL
o Integration technologies - JMS / Web Services (REST / SOAP)
o Relational Mapping Tools - Hibernate / JPA / Toplink
o Build Tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle)
o Big Data technologies - NoSQL Databases (Mongo / CouchDB / Neo4j), Hadoop (HDFS / Spark / PIG / HIVE / Sqoop)
o Analytics - Mahout, WEKA, Tableau, Clikview, Alteryx
o Database programming - PLSQL / TSQL, Packages / Functions / Procedures.
If you are interested in the role of Lead Java Developer please apply now.