Drainage Engineer / LGV Driver
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic organisation that have an opportunity for an individual with exposure/background in drainage environment and waste management to join them as a Drainage Engineer / LGV driver.
The role will require you to work remotely covering a part of the Ashford (Kent) area with call out and standby rotas apply, overtime and some unsocial hours in accordance with statutory provisions. The role works 5 out of 7 days.
Duties will include:
- Drive and operate specialist jetting plant and vacuum tankers to clean clients' apparatus, and transport and dispose of liquid waste, working on private and public land in strict accordance with statutory health, safety, and environmental procedures
- Undertake basic H&S vehicle checks at the start and finish of each shift
- Report all defects, accidents and near misses immediately to line manager
- Ensure all jobs are correctly documented with work tickets submitted at the end of each shift
- Maintain the driver's log book in compliance with MOT rules and procedures
- Ensure the condition of all issued personal protective clothing and equipment remains fit for purpose, clean and free from defects
- Keep the vehicle and equipment washed down on a weekly basis, free from rubbish in hose and tool boxes and the cab
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as and when your vehicle is off the road or you are required to assist other field teams in exceptional circumstances
- Attend meetings, medical and training courses as and when required
Skills and experience required:
- You MUST have drainage experience - essential
- LGV licence holder
- Previous work involving liquid waste products in the water utility/environmental services sector is highly desirable
- Reliable, practical and responsible
- Able to deal with the public in a polite and friendly manner
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision and to receive instructions remotely
- Good communicator, able to provide clear oral information to colleagues and management when required and to complete work tickets, log books etc.
- Work consistently to high standards of health and safety
If you have the drainage experience then apply now for this excellent opportunity!