Site Based Environmental Advisor
- Responsible for the implementation of, and compliance with, standards and procedures on a day to day basis to enable compliance with the Integrated Management System (IMS) as detailed in the company's Safety Certificate and Principal Contractors Licence.
- Carry out site HSQE audits and inspections of activities ensuring items requiring attention are resolved with responsible managers and communicated to the project HSQE Manager/Advisor.
- Assist in the communication of Standards throughout contract areas to support the development, maintenance and improvement of a Safety Culture.
- Support the Head of Quality & Environment in the development of environmental policies, strategies and standards to meet the requirements of applicable environmental legislaton that will ultimately ensure corporate sustainable development
- Responsible for the reporting on progress of environmental performance indicators and objectives and targets in accordance with the HSQE Plan and HSQE Performance Report.
- Carry out specialist environmental projects in line with changing business needs, e.g. Carbon reduction, sustainability, waste management, minimisation of nuisance etc.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the environmental documentation (e.g. Environmental Management Plans, Waste Management Plans etc.) required for contracts/projects.
Environmental Degree or Equivalent
IEMA Diploma / IEMA Associate Certificate
Minimum 12 months Environmental experience.
Minimum 3 years Environmental experience in the Railway/Construction Industry.
Internal Auditor (Environmental)
CIWM Waste Awareness Certificate
Spill Kit Lead Auditor
Driving UK Driving Licence