Senior Manager - Manufacturing Enigneering
As a manager of the Manufacturing Engineering team you will develop and implement the manufacturing strategy required to deliver both new and existing product content into manufacturing. The successful candidate will work closely with programme teams, Production, Quality and the wider Man Eng group to ensure that projects are fully defined, resourced and tracked through to completion. This is a challenging and demanding role requiring excellent communication skills and the ability to simultaneously manage numerous project deliverables.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
This is a rare opportunity to join my client as they commence the launch of the new vehicle in a new plant. This person will establish their knowledge of the brand at my client’s headquarters before transferring to their home location, St Athan, where they will be the site representative for the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Lead the team responsible for the advanced manufacturing and ultimately the current manufacturing team for the new vehicle to be built at St Athan.
- Establish the resources and strategy required to deliver new model and maintain current car content
- Review project documentation issued by the vehicle programme teams to fully evaluate the manufacturing impact of all new model requirements and provide direction of all manufacturing requirements,
- Manage running changes to existing product.
- Formally respond to requests by the business on behalf of the manufacturing teams detailing the manufacturing strategy, musts & wants, cost of delivery and resources required for successful implementation of new programmes.
- Manage project reviews to track progress against agreed timelines
- Ensure successful delivery of all "Mission" deliverables.
- Establish working groups with the manufacturing teams to develop appropriate manufacturing plans to support robust and efficient product introduction.
- Ensure ongoing re-alignment of Manufacturing Engineering project activities to support programme and launch requirements.
- Maintain project documentation (12-panels, project plans, Manufacturing Engineering strategy etc)
- Present project status to senior teams as required including programme gateway meetings and product launch control meetings
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrate the ability to lead the team in a courageous and purposeful manner.
- Skilful negotiation and verbal communication skills are a must if this role is to succeed.
- Degree qualified engineer (or equivalent).
- Lean Manufacturing experience across a broad range of manufacturing disciplines and an in depth understanding of Manufacturing Engineering systems and procedures.
- An understanding of Body Construction techniques as well as Final Assembly operations and processes would be beneficial.