Revenue Accountant, London
Role: Revenue Accountant
Our client is a global provider of person-centred human services, including employment services, health, skills and youth services. Through all their programmes, our client aims to make a genuine difference to people's lives.
We are seeking a Revenue Accountant to join the accounts department at the head office based in East London. This is an important role in which you will be required to record revenue accurately for all UK legal entities.The role includes:
- Preparing monthly revenue accruals in line with Revenue Recognition accounting policies.
- Responsibility for creating sales invoices and the sub-contractor self-billing for contract(s).
- Understanding and analysing complex revenue streams and mixes and prepare robust explanations for variance analysis.
- Ensuring revenue related matters affecting the organisation are accounted for accurately (e.g. incomplete revenue investigation).
- Post month end Revenue Review & Analysis to ensure accruals are relevant to reflect the changing nature of our varying contracts.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in finance/management or similar.
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA.
- Must understand Revenue Recognition accounting policies under IFRS.
- Knowledge of a popular Finance Information Systems.
- Month end processes.
- At least 2 years UK experience in a similar data analytical role.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic organisation and respond to needs with urgency.
- A team player and able to perform under time-pressure with a minimum of supervision, in a sometimes challenging environment.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Time Management.
- Oral, written and interpersonal Communication (listening & attending, negotiation & assertion).
- Focus on outcomes/commitment to performance.