Disability Assessor / Personal Functional Assessor (PIP)
Disability Assessor / Personal Functional Assessor (PIP) - Eastbourne
Recruiting for Care is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent recruitment solutions to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
We are currently looking for Paramedics, Registered Nurses, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists for exciting opportunities in Eastbourne.
As a Disability Assessor you will join an established team of highly skilled health care professionals. The role on offer is both challenging and rewarding; you will utilise your clinical and evidence based knowledge, highly tuned interpersonal skills and examination skills to determine how disabilities or impairments (from a range of health conditions) impact on activities of daily living. You will assess individuals who are making a claim for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), and the role has flexible working days and hours.
The initial training is highly supportive and will help you develop any news skills to undertake this exciting role.
- Starting salary of £34,000 moving to £35,000 once you've been signed off to do assessments
- CPD funding for external courses.
- Clinical support and structure in place to help support you.
- Must have a minimum 2 years post qualification experience in the UK as a Paramedic, Registered Nurse, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist.
As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and is focused on helping with the extra costs disabled people face to lead independent lives.
- To carry out medical examinations and provide medical advice on capacity of work (PIP assessments). Work to productivity and quality targets and respond positively to feedback.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information/medical evidence and provide reports in a professional and concise manner.
- Produce succinct, accurate and comprehensive reports in plain English to enable decision making and are of a good standard before being forwarded to the client
To apply for this role please forward a CV online.