Community Facilitator - An excellent role in eLearning
Role: Community Facilitator
Based: Hammersmith, London (W6 9EJ)
Salary: Up to £25,000 per year
Hours: 35 working hours per week in seven hour shifts (exc. breaks) between 8am and 8.30pm (Mon to Thurs) and 9am to 5pm (Fri).
AVADO is the UK’s leading online professional training provider with over 25,000 students successfully trained.
We work with prestigious clients at a global level and our programs have the potential to transform their businesses. Working at AVADO you’ll be part of a community of brilliant people dedicated to providing fantastic learning.
The atmosphere is fast paced: as the industry and the wider world continue to change, our courses and platforms need to change with them.
Key duties and responsibilities
This role will involve working closely with all members of the Delivery and Student Support Teams.
Three key components of this role involve analysing student feedback and circulating this information, taking ownership of quality checking of course content and processes, and delivering the occasional live class.
This role also involves supporting day-to-day student support, video recording for the virtual campus and facilitating discussions to make improvements to our products.
Community Facilitation and Support
- Demonstrate the correct tone and mindset of our brand in all professional student contact
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the course curriculum and learning objectives and use this to maintain quality and drive product innovation and evolution.
- Introduce group work in an appropriate manner to ensure all group members participate in group work and discussions.
- Actively monitor and analyse student progress and feedback and provide mediation and direction as needed, and communicate findings clearly and concisely to the Delivery Team, Content Team and Instructional Designers.
- Collaborate with other members of the Student Support Team to ensure that there is consistency in delivery.
Live Class Delivery
- Delivering online live classes (webinars) around student support-focused topics, including welcome, taster, and group work classes (full training provided - up to 3 classes a month).
- Where necessary, working closely with the wider team to create course content in the form of videos. This would include featuring in videos and assisting with writing video scripts.
Follow Best Practice in Online Learning
- Working with the 'Learning Delivery and Technology Teams’, the Community Facilitator will need to become familiar with best practice in eLearning and the latest related online technologies.
- Assist the 'Learning Delivery Team’ with the evaluation of courses for accuracy and quality and to enhance course design.
What we’re looking for:
- A willingness to get stuck in and become part of a busy, chatty team
- A Bachelors’ degree
- An engaging disposition to encourage and inspire our current students
- An interest/experience in presenting
- A calm and collected nature under pressure
- Strong IT skills and competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail and an ability to understand and maintain processes and systems
- The ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, over the phone and in writing, with an excellent grasp of the English language, grammar and punctuation
- A passion for digital marketing (no specific subject expertise is necessary so long as you have an enthusiasm for digital marketing and leadership)
- Knowledge and experience working within a Virtual Learning Environment, preferably Moodle
- Experience delivering face-to-face or distance learning
- Knowledge and experience working within a web conferencing platform, preferably Adobe Connect