STORE SUPPORT MANAGER - FIELD BASED
Store Support Manager - Field Based - Job Summary
This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Assistant Manager, Department Manager or Supervisor with experience in the food, convenience or FMCG environment that thrives on delivering exceptional standards and compliance to make the move into their first field based role.
It is essential that you hold a driving licence and are flexible in working across your geographical area,
Our client is the largest and market leader in their field and is maintaining their excellent growth that they have had over the last few years.
As part of their continued growth plan they have an excellent opportunity for a Merchandising Support executive will support the head office and field team to support, train and develop the Store Managers across a predetermined geographical area to drive store standards, compliance, and stock availability ultimately to maximise sales and profitability.
Store Support Manager - Field Based - Role Responsibility
To drive business sales growth, store profitability and store standards through improved store execution of retail standards of practice. To play a key role within the New Business Development Team in delivering market leading support, training and assistance to our franchisees.
To ensure excellent in store standards and best practice:
- Protect and promote all brands through driving consistency, high retail standards, legal compliance and great customer service in all stores.
- Follow up action plans in store.
- Ensure exceptional store standards at all times and that the stock room is well maintained.
- Deliver all promotional activity with impact, ensuring correct positioning and spacing to these lines.
- Support franchisees to effective stock control and ensuring their ordering reflects key promotion lines.
- Using available data reports to identify opportunities to improve sales
- To develop ways to control or reduce store costs and working closely with the franchisee to act on these opportunities.
- Establish outstanding customer service principles in stores, ensuring stores play an active role in the community.
To deliver training and support to franchisees:
- Support franchisees in ensuring effective cash and stock management procedures.
- Implement the recommended procedures in stores as detailed in the till and branch manual.
- Make recommendations for any improvement in procedures, policies and training, striving for continuous improvement.
- Be a key point of contact and all round support in the new store opening and store takeover process for franchisees.
- Assist stores in resolving problems.
- Proactively highlight any concerns you have from analysing store reports to the appropriate person/ department.
- Provide your support and expertise throughout the business.
To maintain effective working relationships:
- Taking direction from the wider Retail Operations teams and providing on the ground support to the Franchisee Support Manager in improving working relationships with franchisees.
- Role model excellent customer service at all times, ensuring that all queries are resolved satisfactorily.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships with all stakeholders including Head Office to effectively resolve issues and drive continual improvement.
- Role model the company values and behaviours at all times.
Store Support Manager - Field Based - The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 2 years experience at Supervisory level in Food & Convenience within a store environment
- Commercial Acumen
- Good influencing skills
- Great interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships
- Good presentation skills
- Team Work
- Customer Focus and Excellence
Detail2Retail is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Retailers.