Commercial Graduate Surveyor
Commercial Graduate Surveyor - Real Estate. Our client is a firm of chartered surveyors based in central London which covers the commercial sector throughout the UK. They have some well-established and prestigious clients who own high-end commercial properties. They are now looking for a Commercial Graduate Surveyor to be responsible for supporting the delivery of an effective and compliant Property Management service through in-house staff, suppliers and consultants - across hard and soft services - and managing the co-ordination, access, impact on services and communication to occupiers of development works within the common areas within a single building.
- Preparing and monitor service charge budgets.
- Checking and approving expenditure against service charge budgets.
- Liaising with tenants to clarify their leases obligations such as rent, service charge payments, use of the building. Ensure they understand their repairing, Health & Safety obligations.
- Collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances.
- Maintaining properties by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs under the supervision of the property manager.
- Maintaining building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Providing best in class customer service to internal and external customer base.
- Maintaining regular and effective communication with clients, occupiers, colleagues and external consultants.
- Monitoring works conducted/service provided by suppliers.
- Measuring and report supplier performance against agreed SLAs.
- Managing suppliers to ensure effective, safe and compliant delivery of all M&E related services, including: life safety systems, vertical transportation equipment and public health systems.
- Preparing management reports for the property.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal procedures and policies - e.g. Procurement, Finance, Compliance, HR.
- Ensuring security and emergency procedures are robust and adhered to at all times, taking an active role in the event of emergency situations.
- Managing existing client/supplier relationships on a regular basis.
The Person: To apply, you MUST have a Degree/Masters in Real Estate/Surveying and either be a fresh graduate or with some work experience in Property. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of commercial leases and service charge budgets and accounting principles as well as good Health & Safety and Mechanical & Electrical services knowledge. The client is looking for someone they can progress and grow and will provide support towards the APC.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.