Data Intelligence Internship £24K Healthcare London
A customer focused organisation providing a range of professional advice and support services to clinical commissioning groups and health service providers working with over 1.9 million patients across London. In addition, they provide services for London ambulance commissioning across all of London and a cancer commissioning network for North West and South London.
This is a 4 month internship paying £2,000 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
In this internship you will join the Finance Team as a Business Intelligence Assistant to help with monitoring contracts from providers that the organisation use, this reporting is done on a monthly basis and involves analysing data sets, producing information reports and investigating analytical issues. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate looking to develop experience in any form of Business or Data Analyst positions.
Tasks you can expect to be trained in and responsible for, include:
• Provide analysis around the organisation’s datasets within agreed timescales, meeting internal and external requirements
• Provide robust information support on behalf of the Technical Team
• Monitor and highlight data quality issues
• Support the timely and accurate production of information and analysis for Contract Providers, The Management Team and Finance Teams
• Contribute to production of information reports
• On occasion to provide cover for colleagues in the Business Intelligence Team
• Develop a strong understanding of the organisations internal analysis and reporting tools, information datasets and reference datasets
• Develop knowledge in both Acute and Non Acute Information Datasets
What are the ideal intern’s skills, experience and personality?
• Educated to degree level
• Advanced Excel skills and generally comfortable working with the MS Office suite
• Highly numerate
• Comfortable working with large datasets and being able to interpret, consolidate and present trends of significance
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbal, with fellow team members
• Prior experience in a data analyst position is a bonus
• Experience with SQL is a bonus
• An interest or prior experience of the Healthcare industry is a bonus
What is the last person who was in this role doing now?
The last person in this position has now progressed onto a permanent member of staff progressing internally within the company.
What are the perks of working for this company?
• Work for a world renowned healthcare organisation delivering a world class service, with multiple divisions there is ample room for career progression within the organisation and personal development is widely encouraged.
• Receive industry leading training and work for Europe’s largest employer.