Salary: £25,000 rising to £30,000 following successful completion of training, with the potential to progress to £37,545. In addition standby and overtime payments will be available.
Location: Ashford (Kent), Burgess Hill, St. Mary Cray (Orpington)
Hours: 37 hours/week basic
Closing date: 2 July 2017
Employment Type: Permanent
We are seeking motivated, creative and inspirational Team Managers to work with our operational teams in the above locations. This will involve you participating in a fantastic two year bespoke training programme which will help you develop your engineering, customer experience and management skills. SGN value creative and innovative thinking so you will be encouraged to influence positive change in every aspect of the role.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What training will I be given?
As a team manager, you will gain skills and experience through a high-quality 2 year training programme involving a mixture of classroom learning and practical experience. Our aim is to develop your technical, managerial, behavioural and commercial skills, so that by the end of your training you will be ready and able to step straight into a team manager role.
During the 2 years, there may be extra-curricular course work and formal qualifications to complete and you must be prepared to give extra time if required. Training may involve some time away from your home.
It is essential for this role that you can drive and on successful completion of the training program you will have the benefit of a company car. If you have not yet passed your test, you will be expected to do so at the earliest opportunity.
What does a Team Manager do?
When fully trained and appointed to a role, you will be motivating and leading a team of around 10 operational colleagues (and / or in some cases external contractors) involved in activities relating to the installation and maintenance of our gas network, while ensuring the highest safety standards, minimal environmental impact and providing exceptional customer service.
As a team manager, your primary responsibility will be for the safe, reliable, high quality and efficient delivery of gas to the customers served by your team.
Ensuring our customers stay safe and warm at all times is not just a 9-5 activity, and our fully operational team managers participate in 'out of hours’ standby rota, which will attract additional payments.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Do you have knowledge of the work we do and are you interested in working in a technical environment?
- Are you conscientious, self-driven and have a strong work ethic?
- Do you understand what excellent management, leadership and customer service look like and can you demonstrated that you have what it takes to deliver this?
- Have you got excellent organisational and problem solving skills and are you able to act on your own initiative?
- Can you convince us that you have what it takes to thrive in potentially fast paced and changing environment?
- We would like you to have some experience of leading, developing and motivating teams or individuals.
- Can you demonstrate strong safety awareness?
- Ideally, you hold a further education or vocational based technical qualification such as an HNC/City and Guilds qualification, or be a military non-commissioned officer.
- If you do not hold a driving licence, you will be expected to pass your test at the earliest opportunity
What will I get in return?
- An excellent starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
- On successful completion of your training, you will be given a company car.
- On completion of training, you will significantly enhance your earnings through participation in an out-of-hours standby rota.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
To apply please click Apply Now or visit our website.
The closing date for application forms is the 2 July 2017.