Post Technical Sales Support - Fixed Term 9 Months
How would you like to join one of the world's largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Post Sales Technical Support on a fixed term basis for 9 months to join our manufacturing facilities based in Gateshead. You will be working as a key member of our Technical Team, reporting into the Technical Manager.
The Post Sales Technical Support is responsible for delivering manufacturing solutions/designs into operations through technical support in the Product Authentication and Traceability Department.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Work with machinery suppliers and operations to develop and trial manufacturing solutions and equipment
- Prepare and submit EA's for new equipment
- Work with Supply Chain Operations to introduce new equipment
- Ensure all new equipment meets EH&S standards specifically PUWER assessments
- Develop FAT and SAT for new equipment end ensure sign offs are in place
- Work with DLR Management, Production and Engineering teams to recommend manufacturing requirements, process improvements and process routes
- Interact with the Solutions Enquiry manager to transfer and deliver new products into the operation
- Work with Prelims/Design to achieve cost effective NPI and ensure designs are fit for manufacture
- Facilitate start up and wash up meetings for production jobs
- Lead the feedback on technical feasibility/costings for bid opportunities, completing the required documentation
- Liaise with Research & design and Solutions Technical to aid with all external trials and NPI/NPD to the factory
- Aid with design and product FMEA's
- Adhere to APQP and OpEx best practice
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and Production Managers to increase efficiencies
- Identify and implement solutions for product/process quality issues
- Work with internal and external materials suppliers to resolve process and quality
- Produce and develop existing technical specifications
- Construct product FMEA's
- Organise trials to aid production and impact assess, using appropriate methods.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure product routeings and expected waste tolerances are captured
- Produce technical reports for use by senior management
- To support the behaviour of working as One De La Rue, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of their own sphere of business.
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- To Live our Values and adhere to our Code of Business Principles
- Act with Integrity - We will be honest in everything we do
- Drive change and innovate - we will look for better ways of developing our business
- Take responsibility - we will take ownership to deliver individually and as a team
- Excel in what we do - we will be the best at what we do
- Work together - we are stronger as a team
Post Technical Sales Support | Supply Chain Operations | Commercial Printing | Technical Sales | APQP | OpEx |
- Project Management experience
- Engineering or a scientific background desirable
- Experience of delivering technical/engineering projects
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes including continuous improvement
- Active participation in the successful implementation/installation of new products, processes and equipment
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer needs
- Knowledge of finishing techniques within a print environment
- In-depth knowledge of security printing techniques
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 5S
26 days annual leave, double matched pension.
We are the world's largest commercial banknote printer and passport manufacturer and a trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organisations around the world.
Successful candidates will be subject to Security Clearance for this role and must be willing to travel nationally and internationally to other sites as necessary.