Finance Manager /Arts Sector/ Salary-£30K
Finance Manager Independent Cinema, Restaurant and Educational Centre -Salary £30k
A qualified, experienced, highly competent Finance Manager is being sought for a new recently launched Independent 3-Screen Cinema, restaurant/café and educational centre.
We are ideally looking for a Finance Manager having both charity and business finance in their background, preferably within the arts.
The successful post holder will be expected to expertly keep financial control of this unique independent Cinema and Arts project from its recently launched stage to becoming a key component in its successful establishment in the area.
About The charity behind the project have created a venue that serves as a focal point for the local cultural community, not only in the area of film but through a wider range of art forms. We operate as a mixed economy; the cinema is a registered charity, the restaurant is profit making.
Background and Overview
- This is a senior managerial role please only apply if you have at least 4- 5 years experience as a financial manager in a similar industry
- Ideally to have a background in financial control within an independent cinema or multi-arts venue from launch stage.
- You will be at the inception of this exciting project and will be a key component in strategic financial planning having a proven background with evidence of past success to bring to interview
- Ideally to have worked in the charity sector and business sector
- To take overall responsibility for the financial planning and budget of the entire project and mixed economy
- To be responsible for financial controls, ensuring costs stay within agreed budgets
- handle cash reconciliation, deal with accountants queries, organise monthly stock takes
- In conjunction with the board, you will co-ordinate the smooth delivery of the Cinema’s financial mission and aims
- Relevant degree and experience demonstrating success as Financial Manager preferably in a similar industry
- Proven financial control skills (budget management).
- Computer skillsDocuments, spread sheets, email
- Autonomy, flexible intelligence, lateral thinker in problem solving
- 4-5 years as a Finance Manager
Career progression and other benefits:
- Where appropriate external training
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Unlimited free cinema tickets plus 2 guest tickets a week
- Free hot drinks and draught soft drinks
- Food and Drink discounts
You will be joining a passionate team of directors who are dedicated to presenting an exciting programme of film, fine art, and local events to the area.
The cinema is based in the Historic town of Lewes, East Sussex
The Financial Manager role is for an immediate start allowing for the successful post holder's notice period. Apply with CV and covering letter for an initial discussion and further information on the role. Thank you for your interest.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. No police record for harm to children