Residential Valuation Surveyor - Bristol
POSITION: Residential Valuation Surveyor
We are working with a well-established, successful and forward thinking company which is looking for an articulate and intelligent valuation surveyor to join the expanding Professional Department.
The candidates for this role must be a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS) and an RICS Registered Valuer and be able to show they have extensive survey and valuation knowledge within the residential sector.
The ideal candidate will be analytically and perceptive with excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a professional, courteous and respectful manner. They will need to be able to work without supervision, but will be team orientated as well as showing flexibility, commitment and be commercially aware.
Candidates must hold a clean, full UK driving licence and be able to provide their own or have every day access to a vehicle (with business insurance) for this role.
A solid working knowledge of Quest Xit2, Microsoft Office packages including Word, Outlook and Excel is essential. The ethos of the Company is to provide a thorough and professional service and therefore the role is not target driving and pressurised in the same way as many of our competitors operate.
- Prepare accurate property valuations and provide condition assessments for a wide range of residential property types, principally for secured lending purposes, by applying expert knowledge and awareness of building defects and the local property market
- Undertaking accurate and thorough inspections/surveys buildings;
- Preparing reports (in some cases detailed reports) on residential property for purposes such as mortgage valuations, building surveys, homebuyers reports and expert witness cases;
- Use online databases and applications for receiving instructions, submitting reports and obtaining information relevant to survey and valuation work, such as comparable evidence
- Record full and detailed inspection notes on file and ensure files are maintained in accordance with our internal procedures
- Up-to-date knowledge of :
- Red Book RICS Valuation maintaining professional standards and complying with its mandatory rules, best practice guidance and related commentary for undertaking asset valuations.
- Current RICS legislation
- Current relevant legislation
- Code of Measuring Practice
- Health and Safety regulations and requirements
- House in Multiple Occupation legislation
- Client specific requirements and standards as published in their terms of engagement
- Office Administration
- Use and understanding of Quest, Valuation Exchange and other online sites used by clients for issuing instructions and uploading reports
- Use digital dictation and digital measuring devises
- Good communication skills
- Taking responsibility for own caseload,
- Contributing towards the team's fee, billing and profit targets.
- Liaise with clients and support the team to develop the client portfolio when necessary.
- Support the team profile in the market and develop internal and external network for business opportunities, identifying areas for cross-selling where appropriate.
- Be a Member or Fellow of the RICS and an RICS registered Valuer
For more information, please apply to this advert or call Dan Cole: