New Model Launch Leader
My clients business is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars.
My client is currently growing at an exciting pace and we will soon have an additional production facility, St Athan, located in South Wales.
An opportunity currently exists for a New Model Launch Leader in the Launch Team. This role reports through to the Manager, New Model Launch and will be responsible for the coordination of the launch of the first vehicle to be made at our St Athan facility.
This is a unique opportunity to join the team at a critical and exciting point in the project. The successful candidate has a key role to play in the successful delivery of one of our most exciting ventures in recent time.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Create and follow the new model launch master plans for new vehicle programmes
• Represent the programme and report on programme status at strategic and critical gateway project meetings
• Take the lead on coordinating strategic risk reviews for the programme and drive the management, containment and resolution of all concerns
• Maintain all programme controls in a visual format
• Create day-by-day build and overview plans
• Lead associated programme pre-production builds including parts layout and sign-off
• Facilitate all requirements to ensure the pre-production phases are successful
• Drive and support Job 1 timing
Qualifications & Experience
This position demands a highly organised and driven person who can handle multiple competing priorities. Being able to communicate effectively with all parts of the business while demonstrating strong negotiating and influencing skills are necessary to keep the programme on target.
Previous experience in a similar role will be highly regarding when considering applications for the position. An Engineering or equivalent qualification is required in order to be considered for this position. Highly developed Excel and general computer literacy skills are also key requirements.