Location: Bath - Commutable from Bristol, Swindon, Trowbridge, Chippenham, Devizes,
£40k to £42k plus excellent benefits
Ambridge Harris is working with our client in Bath in order to recruit a Management Accountant into their finance team. Reporting into the Finance Manager, this is a fundamental role in the team and involves leading the accounting for a specific Division and having oversight of accounting for revenues across the whole Group. It includes significant exposure to the senior management team and opportunities for future progression and development.
- Lead accounting for the division and revenues across the Group
- Review a portfolio of financial reports.
- Attend financial review meetings with commercial Directors, senior managers and other board members
- Provide ad hoc information to commercial and operational managers as required
- Review, collate and distribute monthly internal management reports.
- Review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and journal postings to ensure accuracy of monthly results
- Document procedures and identify and refine potential system and reporting improvements.
- Preparation and review of half-year and year-end group reporting packs and supporting schedules
- Line management of Assistant Management Accountant
- Prepare VAT returns for submission to HMRC
Essential skills and experience
- Hold a recognised CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification or equivalent experience/qualification
- Ability to work with non-financial commercial managers to resolve accounting queries.
- High attention to detail, self-motivating and ability to use initiative and ability to work effectively as part of team strong time management to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Good written and oral communications skills - comfortable explaining financial concepts to non-financial managers
- 'Can-do' personality who wants to develop themselves and their career
- Strong Excel skills and quick to pick up a variety of reporting packages
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.