Our client is a leading supplier of facility services to the Ministry of Defence and they now have a requirement for a Delivery Manager at their Ministry of Defence (MoD) site at Wellington Court, South West London. The successful Delivery Manager will supervise the maintenance and new works team in delivering all engineering services to the site. You will have a building/civil engineering or a building electrical/mechanical engineering background.
Candidates who hold security clearance (SC) and have previously served in the Armed Forces (Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force) and those with previously experience working on a Ministry of Defence (MoD) site could be of particular interest.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person.
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Legionella Responsible Person.
- Minimum of HNC / HND qualified in appropriate Mechanical / Electrical or Building / Civil Engineering discipline.
- Management level qualification in Health & Safety and Environment (e.g. SMSTS).
- Continuing Professional Development.
- Demonstrable background in managing and supervising engineering staff within a construction/building/property maintenance environment.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm when under pressure.
- Management of safe system of work.
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs.
- IOSH or equivalent qualification.
- IT Literate: MS Office.
- Salary £35,000 - £40,000 pro rata.
- Mon - Fri 38 hours per week.