CAD Designer Technician
CAD Designer/ Technician
Salary: Up to £22,000 per annum plus benefits
This is a position in a busy design team of a FTSE 100 company in the hospitality and catering sector. The role would suit someone who has high energy levels and passion for what you do.
You will be preparing competent drawings for catering equipment layouts from consultant brief in a timely and accurate manner. You will also be preparing quotations and a bill of quantities for projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare drawings for presentation to customers using standard format both general and services types combined with innovative styles of presentation to create a class winning document.
- Prepare accurate quotations using in house software system checking at all times against Design Manual procedures.
- Demonstrate innovation when producing presentation material for customer projects.
- Actively enhance GP margin using negotiating skills with suppliers and sub-contractors wherever possible.
- Continually be focused on maximum customer satisfaction utilising high levels of communication both verbally and written.
- Attend one to one reviews, team meetings and identify training needs as required.
- Demonstrate awareness for colleagues and internal customer’s needs at all times. Strictly adhere to employee rules, Design quality manual and corporate policies.
Submit activity reports as requested by line manager
The ideal candidate will have:-
Proficiency in AutoCAD software
Experience with other industry software such as Sketchup or Photoshop
Focus on Customer Service
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Sound judgment and decision making skills
Design background or qualifications