Reporting and Data Support Analyst
Would you like to work for one of the main regulators of the energy trading arrangements for the wholesale electricity market? The Settlement Operations Team presents analysis and issues to industry meetings and they are looking for a highly organised Reporting and Data Support Analyst to be responsible for creating daily/weekly and monthly reports, investigating and helping to resolve any anomalies in the data or reports as well as managing required file loads to agreed timescales. On top of that, you will be expected to support the Settlement Operations team’s successful delivery of its obligations by taking part in various small pieces of analysis when required. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to follow defined steps and would suit a candidate that is very organised and competent with data manipulation, if this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Analysis - Conduct tasks and analysis with limited supervision and direction and contribute to business projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Operations - Carry out on-going operational or support processes to the team, maintain step by step Local Working Instructions (LWIs) documents and manage the day to day reporting tasks.
- Teamwork - Ensure colleagues and line manager are advised of key operational issues and contributes to the overall effectiveness of the Settlement Operations team.
- Knowledge Management - Will broaden knowledge of the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) and develop an appreciation of the wider ramifications of the work undertaken, specifically in relation to work directed specifically by the Settlement Operations Team Leader.
- Organisation - The candidate will be flexible and able to manage a busy/varied workload while maintaining quality of work delivered. They will be a self-starter with a real 'can do’ attitude who can work independently and take responsibility for tasks delivered and the individual would need to be able to take the initiative and ensure tasks are brought to the logical conclusion.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Education to degree level or equivalent in Mathematics or Statistics
- Data Entry or Data Analysis experience
- Highly organised and competent with data manipulation
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to follow defined steps