Mandarin Speaking UX Lead
Our client, a fast growing online gaming company based in London is currently recruiting a Mandarin-speaking UX lead
- To build a team around them of talented UX/UI/FDev practitioners across a wide range of products. It’s small beginnings but the potential in this role is stratospheric.
- To deliver exceptional customer experiences and user interfaces - they inspire others to follow suit.
- Overall responsibility for UX and UI. Develop customer insights and measurably enhanced experiences to drive customer engagement.
- Establish strong internal relationships to understand business needs and to share and present customer insights within the business.
- Provide strategic design leadership that fosters a shared cross-discipline understanding of the intersection between user needs, business goals, and technology requirements.
- Hire, grow and develop a team of UX and UI practitioners.
- Lead the development of best practices in UX research, UI design, UX/UI hiring and development, overseeing the creation of guidelines, libraries, and toolkits.
- Ensure the alignment of company-wide UX/UI goals and sharing of information and consistent visibility for our clients by coordinating regular meetings, workshops and demos.
- Stay abreast of market, technological and industry trends, tools and techniques to inform decision-making.
- Work to establish processes and efficiencies; make recommendations to improve working practices drive change across product, analytics and development to improve our customer experience.
- Create UX proposals and project plans that clarify objectives, roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain high-quality standards for UX and UI output by providing critical feedback and encouraging peer reviews and broader sharing across teams.
- Expert-level knowledge in the fields of UX/Service design, UX research and UI design.
- Experienced working with analytics and information gathering. Analysing data and performing optimisation tests.
- Experienced in both running formal usability tests in a lab environment, and ad-hoc guerrilla-style studies.
- Experienced in conducting cross-discipline collaborative UX workshops
- Experienced leading UX teams to deliver customer-facing products, from discovery to implementation over multiple releases.
- Strong project management and organisation skills.
- Considerable experience in a hands-on UX role as a UX/Service designer, UX researcher, information architect, or similar.
- Highly experienced in a UX manager role. Comfortable in presenting complex ideas to senior management.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions to all levels within the organization.
- A good working knowledge of HTML/CSS plus a range of other languages (Java, PHP etc).
- Knowledge of relevant UX software.
- Portfolio with relevant UX examples.
- Know-how of conducting large customer surveys, analysing data, and applying insights.
- Experience of working in range of development environments with exposure to a range of development methodologies.
- Bachelors degree in HCI, cognitive science, interaction design, or related field.
- Previous experience of working with near shore or off shore dev teams.
- A highly development sense of humour for this role is absolutely mandatory.
All CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK.