Social Housing - Contracts Manager (Painting & Decorating) West London
Bracken recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Contracts Manager to oversee a large social housing refurbishment project in West London. The role will entail a hands on, on site approach while requiring the candidate to effectively communicate at all levels with workers, relative managers and clients. You would be required to have experience in leading as you will be responsible for a team of up to 30. The ideal candidate will have significant prior experience in delivering projects under contractual agreements and be commercially aware in relation to relative budgeting and building supply costs and understand financial impacts of risks involved.
The client is a leading UK Contractor within Social Housing that has successfully exceeded employee and client’s expectations. Current pipeline of work has been mapped out for years to come which has resulted in constant rapid growth for the company. This is a perfect opportunity for a Contracts Manager with previous on site residential construction experience. It is a permanent role that offers an excellent salary and package.
- Trade Qualified (Painting & Decorating) in a relevant field.
- Have 5-10 years’ experience on similar works.
- First aid certification
- SMSTS qualified.
Job responsibilities and desired skills:
- Being able to delegate responsibilities proportionately
- Ability to supervise and lead a team.
- Hold morning meetings and regular toolbox talks.
- Know and enforce all H&S procedures and legislation.
- Being able to work at a high standard and strict timelines.
- Being detail oriented and positive
- Ordering and following up on site material deliveries
- Be Confident in communication and information technology
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook and Excel
- Liaising with clients and co-workers
- Planning and building maintenance experience.
- Problem solving and using your initiative
- Understanding blue-prints, sketches, and drawings
This opportunity would best suit a Contracts Manager that wants to progress to the next stage of their career and continue on a path of managing varied projects in the West London vicinity. If you feel you are the right candidate for this position then please contact Matthew Taggart.