2nd line Service Desk Engineer / 2nd line support engineer
Our client is an award winning global IT managed services company specialising in the financial services industry. They are continuing to expand which has provided the opportunity for motivated and forward-thinking technical staff to join their team.
The company’s client base consists primarily of Hedge Funds, Private Equity and boutique Trading firms. These clients demand the very best levels of support and the company require someone who can thrive in this fast-paced and exciting environment. The company’s multi-cultural team prides itself in providing extremely high levels of support within a very busy financial sector.
You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of server, desktop and network infrastructure for multiple high profile financial service clients. The position has the potential to develop into a client facing role at client sites across Central London.
• Provide 2nd line support on desktop infrastructure and Microsoft Servers
• Implement new server and desktop technologies including Office 365
• Implementation of hardware/software related projects as part of a project team
• Be available for out-of-hours support via the on-call rota
• MINIMUM 3 years demonstrable 2nd line IT support experience in a similar Manages Services role, ideally with financial services sector exposure.
• Proven detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Cloud technologies.
• Ability to work in high pressure environments individually and as part of a team.
Key Skills Required:
• Build and Configuration of Windows 2008 and 2012 Server
• Administer Exchange 2010, 2013 and Office 365
• Virtual Environment experience (VMware / Hyper V)
• Market Data Knowledge.
• Tape and Internet Backup Utilities.
• The following skills would be advantageous: Network Topologies and complex routing, SAN, Cisco IOS, SQL, Citrix XenApp and Xen Desktop, Firewall (Cisco ASA), Mac OSX.
The ideal candidate will be capable of interacting with clients at a very high level, as well as being extremely technically competent and highly motivated.
The Company Offer: Exposure to many environments and exciting technologies. Excellent career development and internal progression opportunities within the business. Competitive remuneration, competitive overtime rates and paid holiday.