Group Financial Reporting Accountant
Adjacency are recruiting a Group Financial Reporting Accountant for an exciting and rapidly changing company who are building a significant portfolio of clients in a number of sectors. It is expanding through organic growth and a programme of acquisitions, having made at least 10 in the last 2 years and with the funding and potential to continue at this rate. The company, with a turnover of over c. £220m, has operations across 8 European countries and is in the process of strengthening its group structure to build the financial controls and processes commensurate with a major PLC. The role comes with a salary of upto £55,000 plus generous benefits and is based in WC1.
To date this financial year our client has made four acquisitions with a further three anticipated before the year end. The team have been involved in a number of challenging / exciting projects including changes to the group structure, introducing the requirement for a new set of consolidated financial statements, several mergers / hive ups to simplify the group and have expanded into 2 new countries.
Key elements of the role are;
- Supporting the Group Accountant producing IFRS consolidated financial statements incorporating 30+ operating companies located across 8 countries.
- Secondary to the annual consolidation and audit process, support Group Finance with migration of monthly management accounts and monthly reporting process onto the consolidation software and the development of monthly consolidated reporting.
- Project work includes, Tax, Treasury, Company Secretarial, Training, CPM Systems, Internal audit and Control and Investor reporting.
- ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant from top 20 firm with strong IFRS financial reporting and technical skills
- Experience of drafting and completing IFRS statutory consolidated financial statements.
- Ideally you will have worked in a reporting role in a PLC environment preferably within a growing acquisitive group.
- System administration experience or first-hand preparation of consolidations would be an advantage.
- Good academics and communication skills.
- Sector experience is not a prerequisite but the individual will have worked in an international group.
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent. We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.