Graduate Network Engineer
Your new role
As the Graduate Network Engineer working as part of our Service Desk you will manage and own support tickets in relation to existing customer services, troubleshooting a range of networking issues.
We are looking for candidates with a good understanding of networking fundamentals that are keen to learn from an inspirational manager and your technically advanced team members. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation that takes PRIDE in our culture and one team spirit.
Some of your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
- Regular communication verbally and written with existing customers
- Take ownership and effectively manage support tickets including incidents and changes requests
- Documentation of customer solutions - OSS System, Visio documentation, technical summary write up
- Provide resources to the solution delivery team in supporting the configuration and implementation of new customer projects
- Responsible for assessing and resolving any vulnerability notification as well as keeping customers updated regularly
What you’ll need to succeed
At Exponential-e we each have a personal responsibility in delivering excellence. To undertake the role of Graduate Network Engineer you must have ambition to be the best you can be. We are looking for a candidate with a good technical understanding of networking fundamentals (routing and switching) that is looking to really learn, develop and advance their technical skills within a highly skilled team.
Competencies required for this role include and are not restricted to:
- Knowledge of networking principles equivalent to CCNA R&S or JNCIS-ENT level
- Knowledge of layer 2 switching protocols such as STP, Dot1Q, QinQ, VPLS
- Knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VRRP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional phone manner
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to work effectively under pressure
As a Graduate Network Engineer you must be confident in making decisions and finding solutions. As a company we are constantly striving for world class status by challenging the status quo to deliver competitive advantage.
Service Desk 24/7 shift pattern: 2 days on (7am - 7pm), 2 nights on (7pm - 7am), 4 days off
What you’ll get in return
The role of a Graduate Network Engineer is filled with learning and development opportunities for an ambitious individual moving forward in their career.
The salary range for the role is £25,000-£30,000 per annum + 5-10% shift allowance. Benefits you will receive include pension, 23 days annual leave, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans, local gym discounts, and vitality health cover. You will be supported by an excellent manager, part of a very friendly team, within a company striving to achieve world class status. This is an exciting role for any aspiring Graduate Network Engineer out there.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!