Accounts Manager - Leading Independent Firm
A very exiting opportunity for you to take the next step in your career, and join a highly prestigious firm in London's West End as an Accounts Manager. An ideal opportunity for someone currently in a Supervisor or Manager role within practice, looking to join a firm where they can further develop your skills, with the potential to progress into a Senior Manager or Partner position in the future.
The main purpose of the role is to Manage and Supervise the firms Accounts team, reviewing the work of junior staff and ensuring that the flow of work within the department is flowing efficiently. The successful candidate will also have to possess a sound technical knowledge themselves, as whilst the role is mostly Management focused, you will also be required to assist with the workload in busier periods.
The role comprises of predominantly Accounts duties, with a small amount of Corporation Tax and VAT work also being a part of the role.
- Statutory accounts preparation including year-end adjustments and accounts disclosures, from Trial Balance or books and records
- Managing a varied Client portfolio, with clients ranging across many sectors, and up to £10 million in turnover
- Supervision of a team of 8 staff, ensuring all work in done both efficiently and to the firms high standard of quality
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Management accounts preparation
- Communicate with and deal with any queries from clients
The Ideal Candidate
- ACA/ACCA/Equivalent Qualified
- Strong experience in Managing and Supervising staff
- Sound knowledge and experience in FRS 102
- Background working within a mid sized Accountancy Practice (experience working on clients with £5 million+ turnovers)
- Experience with CCH or other software will be beneficial, as we are a paperless office
For more information on this role please either apply directly, or contact Kieron Whitehead at AJ Chambers.