Buyer - 12 Month FTC
My client, a manufacturing company based in Woking, are seeking a Junior Buyer / Buyer to join on a 12 Month FTC.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience purchasing within manufacturing and seeking a new challenge.
My client are ideally looking for someone that has 2 + years experience within procurement, ideally from a manufacturing or electronics industry.
This Buyer will be responsible for a spend of up to £1,000,000 and will be heavily involved in negotiations with suppliers.
Role - Buyer - 12 Month FTC
Salary - Circa £26,000
Location - Woking
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer
- Requesting quotes and raising orders with suppliers
- Ensuring goods are ordered in a timely manner
- Material costing for quotes required by the Sales department
- Order progressing
- Expedite and eliminate materials shortages
- Review existing purchase order schedules and adjust to meet current needs
- Supplier management
- Monitor and review supplier performance by way of KPI's.
- Contribute to Production and Planning control
- Carrying out additional duties as may be required
- Raising orders through the company Material Requirements Planning (MRP) System
Key experience / qualifications needed for the position of Buyer
- Previous experience working in a purchasing department for minimum 3 years
- Experience in a manufacturing business, electronics would be a preference
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and Excel
- CIPS qualification is preferable
- Experience of purchasing fabricated and machined items is preferable
If you are a Junior Buyer / Buyer currently and are seeking a new challenge that will enable you to have full responsibility over company expenditure, then please apply below.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK