Senior SQL Database Administrator
A leading and expanding Software Solutions company is looking to recruit a SQL Database Administrator (DBA) / Developer to work across the business platforms.
The SQL DBA role will be required to work with the Product Managers, senior developers and other members of each team to support them in their design and implementation of all SQL applications. The SQL DBA will report directly into the Technical Director and will be part of the Technical Design Authority (TDA) team.
The successful candidate needs to be driven, confident and with the desire to be part of a team constructing quality software for their clients. They will work with the TDA whilst working collaboratively with all teams to deliver and meet agreed targets
- Experience of installing, administering and troubleshooting SQL Environments to resolve critical database issues including SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Have extensive knowledge and be proficient in utilising all features within SQL Server together with a full understanding of feature differences between each version.
- A thorough knowledge of database design and programming (T-SQL)
- Knowledge and experience of Business intelligence (BI) platforms including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Possess a strong technical understanding of SQL environments - ability to pro-actively suggest recommendations
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to undergo and investigate task within structural processes.
- Database modelling and consolidation
- An understanding and practical knowledge of .Net framework, in particular Entity Framework and Visual Studio Team Foundation Server would be an advantage.
- A good knowledge of ETL and database warehouse design
- Building highly available and resilient SQL server solutions
- A comprehensive knowledge of SQLSentry or other similar database analytical tools