Project Accounts Assistant
A medium sized business based in the Lewes location are currently seeking a driven and number crunching Project Accounts Assistant to join the team on a 12 month FTC basis. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has 2 to 3 years experience in an administrative and finance focused role and is now looking to gain more experience and exposure to the project side of finance. Someone actively studying towards ACCA, CIMA or AAT would suit this vacancy.
Some of your responsibilities will includes, however not be limited to:
* Recording and tracking expenditure against various programme budgets and forecasts.
* Reviewing terms of budgets and commitments ensuring they are in line with funder budgets.
* Liaising with Project Contracting to ensure consultant contract budgets are prepared and updated for contracts and reports.
* Supporting the Programme Manager in producing financial reports, forecasts and budgets for funder and internal use.
* Carrying out analysis and reconciliation of financial data as required by management.
* Liaising with suppliers to resolve queries, finalising purchase agreements, and ensuring suppliers are engaged in purchase agreements.
* Responding to queries from the Finance team on the processing, coding and validation of purchase invoices.
* Reviewing and checking sales invoices and submitting for approval.
* Monitoring and reconciliation of purchase and sales monthly variance.
* Producing and maintaining project trackers and templates.
* Maintaining and updating the programme management systems and procedures handbooks.
The successful candidate will poses the following skills and experience:
* Have a minimum of 2 years experience within an accounting and administrative position.
* A number cruncher with a keen interest in the meaning behind the figures.
* Competent in the use of Excel especially using spreadsheets and vlookups.
* Driven, ambitious and the want to succeed.
* Currently or looking to study CIMA, ACCA or AAT.
* Immediately available.
The company are offering a competitive benefits package.
Please quote 40908 when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd Finance and Accountancy is the leading recruiter of part-qualified Accountants, Financial and Management Accountants, Financial Controllers, and Finance Directors across Surrey, Sussex, London and Kent.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.