Business Application Specialist - Supply Chain Technology EMEA
A highly regarded Multi-National Global Logistics Provider is recruiting for a Business Application Specialist to be based within the company's Supply Chain Technology EMEA dept.
The position can be based in the UK, Germany or the Netherlands.
Main Purpose of Role;
The Business Application Specialist (BAS) reports into the Application Suite Owner team. They will be responsible for ALL International Logistics services customer facing applications.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Pre-Sales Support - RFI/RFP Preparation, Presentation Preparation, Solution Strategy etc.
- Sales Support - Application Demonstrations to customers as part of the sales process.
- Post Sales Support - Requirements writing (Commitment doc, SOW, BRD etc.)
- Implementation Support - Identifying and validating IT business solutions to meet customers’ implementation requirements. Collaborate with IT, Customer Support and Operations. Assist in setup and training.
- Post Implementation Support - Create and review RFS requests, Bug Requests, upgrades and provide new training as needed.
- Participates and presents at Customer User Group Meetings
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and provides feedback on application releases and roll-outs.
- EDI Trading Partner event setup (i.e. 315, 214)
The Business Application Specialist (BAS) will serve as the "Go To" person related to all customer facing application needs for the assigned region. The BAS will represent the application team in local meetings both internal and external. The BAS will represent application and system needs to the ASO and IT teams.
The Business Application Specialist (BAS) ensures consistency across geographies. To this end, the BAS will participate in BAS "team" calls and training to ensure that they are in synch with the methods, process and best practices in use by the other regions. The BAS will have an expert knowledge of Application processes related to change control, enhancement and releases and provide inputs to IT that follow the agreed upon processes and are aligned and prioritized together with the other regions.
The BAS is an asset to the ASO in that they will support the Application roadmap and deliverables with local training and rollout. Additionally, the BAS will represent the needs of their region to the ASO team and ensure that application roadmaps and objectives are aligned with the overall business objectives of their region.
Skills & Experience Required;
- Holder of University Degree in Computer Studies or Logistics Management or related discipline.
- Proven well-rounded IT and logistics operations experience, 2 years of which in managerial capacity.
- Demonstrated experience in assuming overall responsibility for specific IT applications supporting logistics operations.
- Solid knowledge of logistics operations and corresponding IT applications.
- Good command of English.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proactive as well as a good team-player.
- Able to communicate and interact with people at all levels
For full details please contact Craig at Willis Global - a leading recruiter for the Shipping & Logistics industry.