Senior Frontend Developer We're building the worlds best collaborative learning app
- We're a product and tech focused company offering a very competitive salary range on offer
- We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early-stage startup but with the stability & resources of Blenheim Chalcot
- No red tape - Our proven approach gets products to users quickly!
- Great working environment in West London (Hammersmith). 30 second walk from the tube station.
- Help yourself to fruit and healthy snacks
- Fully stocked soft drink and beer fridge!
We work in a very agile way. Change is user driven and we are not afraid of changing what doesn't work.
Our Product Development team is cross-functional. We work in ways that enable Analytics, Product, UX, Development and QA to contribute at each stage of our sprint-based roadmap delivery. We use Agile/Scrum-based methods with some Lean Startup principles interwoven.
We are building out our platform fast. In early 2017 we built capabilities to brand our platform for clients (we want to meet their aspiration to consider it as 'their learning app’). Recently we re-designed our 'Activity’ feed and added In-app Notifications to enable members of Hive Learning Groups to more easily discover key learning opportunities.
Within the next month we’ll build and roll-out 'Slack-like’ @mention functionality to enable messaging. We’re designing and prototype-testing our first 'micro-course’ functionalities using our mobile-first, social-first principles. Whilst learners will complete these micro-courses alone, we’re determined to add 'social’ aspects that help the wider Group. We’re also experimenting with new functionalities that will soon by delivered via machine learning.
Our Team & Environment
We’re making products to help people, teams and organisations learn in new, collaborative, more engaging ways. Our client list is growing weekly and includes well-known sports organisations and elite clubs, global media and e-commerce giants and forward-thinking schools and coaches. Our small, world-class engineering team has built our platform supported by 4 Product and UX specialists. Our whole team talks with clients and learners to guide our roadmap and design decisions.
Our tech stack is based on progressive technologies. We work openly and collaboratively without red-tape in agile, cross-functional ways - which we are always trying to make even better. Our team works in a building shared by over 20 other energetic, high potential tech-based businesses. We share a great café, social and learning activities - but our fantastic beer fridge is just ours!
Never Stop Learning
- We're building a kick-ass product! You will be at the heart of that, liaising with both back-end and mobile front-end teams.
- Help us deliver across the entire app life cycle-concept, design, build, deploy, test, release.
- Work closely together with the rest of the developer team and the product team to drive the future vision of the web front-end.
- Be central to optimization and performance improvements
We'd Like to See
- A background with engineering and computer science fundamentals.
- You consider yourself very comfortable with design and programming skills in HTML/CSS/SASS.
- You have a general understanding of industry standard build tools, libraries and testing frameworks.
- Debugging and optimisation skills are part of your normal day to day approcah
- Version control (Git)
- Ideas and knowledge of computer interaction and usability design principles
- Ability to analyse user data and user testing to inform design decisions.
- You get along well in a team environment and consider yourself to be able to communicate ideas very clearly
What We Need From You
- Very good understanding of industry standard build tools, libraries and testing frameworks - got some new ideas? try them out
- Solid understanding of interaction with REST APIs.
More About Hive
Hive is a collaborative learning app that gets people learning together every day. Our mission is to make learning stick in organisations. A billion dollars is spent every day by organisations on learning and development but most learning gets buried in notepads or never leaves the room - we’re here to change that.
Founded and chaired by Sir Clive Woodward, we are a cloud based platform and professional services organisation. We're a young company already earning acclaim across sport, business and education with a unique digital product and a growing set of partners including the FA and Premier League, the International Olympics Committee, Barclays and Sky. We’re a multi-discipline start-up team of 30 people: in-house web platform and app development, delivery and training, commercial and marketing people all with a common passion for learning and making a difference. We're based in Hammersmith,
London along with twenty other digital businesses who share our venture-builder investor, Blenheim Chalcot.