Associate Data Analyst
Associate Data Analyst, Market Analysis and Risk Markets Policy
The Market Analysis and Risk team works flexibly and proactively on a wide range of wholesale markets issues, providing resources and analytical skills to focus on the issues of the day as they arise. We cover the full range of market policy issues, from primary markets through to derivatives. The team focuses on three main objectives:
- First, we do forward and data-driven thinking on emerging risks and new developments in wholesale capital markets (e.g. liquidity in bond and other markets; high-frequency trading; developments in the derivatives market; and implications of a low interest rate environment).
- Second, we use our analytical resources in collaboration with colleagues in other teams to evaluate the impact of public policy pre-or post-implementation of such policy.
- Third, we work on developing domestic policy and participate to international standard setting work.
What does this job involve?
This role is multifaceted but the primary responsibility is to conduct data-driven analysis in order to enhance FCA policymaking. Working alongside colleagues leading specific projects and as part of a highly qualified team (including PhD level) of quantitative analysts, you will be working with a variety of regulatory and proprietary financial data sets to draw insights on specific wholesale markets issues and developments. This will involve handling very large data sets which require cleaning, manipulation and analysis.
What will I get from the role?
Working in the Market Analysis and Risk team, you will benefit from:
- An excellent opportunity to learn more about the financial markets and regulation, to gain exposure to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and gain experience of working in a high-profile environment. This affords a unique view of the markets we regulate using data proprietary to the FCA.
- A unique opportunity to conduct research projects on a variety of asset classes and to contribute to the policy agenda for wholesale markets.
Which minimum, essential & desirable skills are required?Minimum
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
- Strong data analysis experience
- Experience of working with relevant programming language such as R, Python or SAS, etc.
- Experience of working with, manipulating and drawing conclusions from large data sets (preferably financial data sets).
- Strong problem solving skills; a creative approach with the ability to develop new ideas
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- A flexible approach to business processes and systems
- Strong team-working ethic, interpersonal skills and a collaborative and flexible approach to team projects
- Good written/verbal communication
- General understanding of wholesale financial/capital markets with interest in further developing knowledge
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.
The job family for this role is POL B
Applications for this role close at midnight on Wednesday 28th June 2017
Stage 1: On-line application, please submit your CV and answer to the following application question:
Why do you believe that you are suitable for this role? Please ensure that you specifically relate your answer to the criteria listed in the job advert, covering your relevant skills, technical knowledge and competencies. (Max 300 words)
Stage 2: Screening - your application will then be forwarded to the recruiting managers
Stage 3: Selection & assessment process (could be subject to change)
For external applications, please contact Shazna Chowdhury com if you have any questions about the role.
This role will be based in London, Canary Wharf, with a planned move in 2018 to a new site in The International Quarter, Stratford.