Mortgage Service Delivery Manager
The key purpose of this role is to be responsible for all first charge Mortgage Completion & Servicing activities, overseeing processing activity from offer and completion through to redemption & account closure, ensuring that all regulatory, service and quality standards are consistently achieved across multi sites in the UK and India.
The role will report directly into the Head of Servicing with a key part of the role being line management, performance management and development of team members within the Completion & Mortgage Servicing teams. The role will involve frequent travel to the bank’s subsidiaries, including the back office processing team in India.
- Ensure the Completion teams & Mortgage Servicing Team provides a consistently high quality of customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures across the different brands relating to Completions & Mortgage Servicing activity consisting of Residential, Buy-to-Let and Commercial Mortgage loans are dealt with promptly and efficiently and in accordance with agreed service standards and expectations.
- Support the Head of Servicing to ensure approved procedures are in place and all staff are aware of the end to end processes, ensuring procedures comply with business policies and mandates.
- Approve all customer communication to ensure it is effective and represents a good customer service considering TCF principles.
- Management and reporting of SLA and KPI activity to Senior Management, ensuring that work volumes are reported accurately and efficiently, ensuring they are being processed within agreed SLA’s and the teams are correctly resourced.
- Be responsible for the management and implementation of a robust quality framework which continually tests the processes and quality standards to benchmark (internally & externally), the effectiveness and quality of processing and where failures are identified, ensure that corrective action is established and tracked through to closure.
- Conduct end-to-end reviews of process activity to ensure processes performed by the teams are effective, compliant and in line with regulatory and business policies. Identify areas of opportunity and process improvements. Documenting business cases and proposals with cost and process benefits for Senior Management approval.
- Make business decisions on Completion and Mortgage Servicing activity in line with business and financial mandate.
- Remote management of the Completions teams who work over multi-sites.
- Ensure all departmental risks and issues are reported and tracked through to closure with relevant supporting evidence to validate closure
- Take responsibility for ensuring agreed NPS scores are achieved, specifically looking at areas of improvement around customer contact points and complaints received for their area of responsibility.
- Assist with the prioritisation of system changes and ensure successful implementation into the teams.
- Ensure effective tools are in place to monitor resourcing requirements ensuring sufficient cover and training is continually reviewed and all risks mitigated. Capacity plan and forecast continually to identify when additional resource is required, obtaining relevant approval in a timely manner.
- Attend key management working groups and meetings as subject matter expert for Completions and Mortgage Servicing and where required chair meetings or provide departmental updates, ensuring assigned actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Take the lead on key business projects/change initiatives to establish self as a key subject matter expert across Mortgage processes and systems used.
- Sign off on key documentation such as business requirements, functional design, testing approach/summary and deployment of change into live.
- Support the Head of Servicing to monitor and track approved financial budgets and make recommendations for changes to plans, where required, with the key focus on departmental spend, third party and staff over time
- Lead on internal and external audits, ensuring full engagement with the auditors, the scope is understood; deliverables are actioned and propose agreed corrective actions.
- Regular and accurate production of key management information and reporting for area of responsibility.
- Deputise for Line Manager as required.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations
- 3 years previous experience of direct management of operational teams supporting the mortgage product life cycle from completion to closure is essential
- 3 years previous experience working within the Financial Services Industry is essential
- 3 years previous experience of Operations Management is essential
- 12m previous experience undertaking a mortgage underwriting position is desirable
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
- Degree or professional qualification relating to Financial Services or Management is desirable