Engineering Foreman /Engineer Supervisor /Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Engineering Foreman - Mechanical
Location: South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Salary: £42k per annum (Competitive Benefits Package)
Closing Date: Friday 30th June 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated Engineering Foreman. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of mechanical planned maintenance and repairs, including the day to day planning, development and supervision of the mechanical engineering team.
Once world-renowned for coal exports the Company has diversified in recent times to ensure it can keep pace with the global economy and its customers' varying needs. It is now one of the UK's largest car exporters and one of the largest handlers of wood pellet in the world.
The Port has undergone a cultural as well as commercial transformation. It has achieved national quality standards for Investors in People recently attaining Champion status, and has achieved internationally recognised standards for health and safety and environmental practices, and introduced a profit share scheme for all employees.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To forward plan workloads particularly with regards to capital works
- First line management of engineering personnel within the engineers department (Mechanical)
- Allocation of shifts for engineering department (Mechanical)
- Allocation of tasks to engineers (Mechanical)
- Responsible for managing and providing advice and guidance to the team
- Supervise the maintenance and development of a computerised maintenance management system (planned)
- Supervise and monitor the work of contractors and contracts
- Planning and management of fault and damage repairs to ensure prompt responses in line with the port's plant, equipment's, infrastructure, marine assets and buildings.
- Oversee and control engineers' expenditure (Mechanical) in line with annual forecasts and budgets
- Supervise, monitor and agree the training of engineering personnel, including apprentices
- Supervise and control engineering overtime
- Manage the initial stages of discipline and grievance procedures
- Monitor and manage the sickness absence and holidays for engineering personnel
- Undertake selection and interviewing for engineering employees
- Oversee and control purchasing of engineering materials and sub-contract labour
- Health & Safety duties and responsibilities as shown in the health and Safety manual
- Provide QA assessments/inspections on designated equipment
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship (And extensive post apprenticeship experience of working in a mechanical maintenance and installation)
- City & Guilds part 1 & 2 or equivalent
- ONC/HNC In Mechanical Engineering
- Proven people management experience (including planning and allocating labour and resources)
- Knowledge and experience of plant and machinery maintenance
- Experience of managing health and Safety
- Experience of supervising contractors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Tenacious and able to challenge employees and contractors with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent IT skills
- Full current driving licence
- Flexible approach to work and able to work outside normal work hours.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Production, Mechanical Manufacturing, Multi Skilled Engineering Manager, Multi skilled Engineer, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering Team Leader, Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Manager, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Manager, Production Controller, Production Engineering, Production Coordinator, Manufacturing Engineer, QA Manager, Engineering Planner will also be considered for this role.