Make It Cheaper has been helping to put a smile on the face of British businesses since 2007 - and that’s something we continue to strive for every day. So how do we do it? In a nutshell, our service takes the hassle out of shopping around for better deals on electricity, gas, insurance, telecoms and water.
Our incredible people, coupled with the great service we provide, have made us the biggest (and best!) energy broker for SME’s in the UK which is why we are trusted by Go Compare, MoneySupermarket and uSwitch to look after their business customers.
Our people work incredibly hard to keep our customers smiling so we try to work even harder to keep them smiling too. Over the years we’ve built an environment where development and progression is encouraged, hard work is rewarded and fun is had along the way! Professional development, annual trips away, regular massages in the office, parties and awards are just a few of the things you can look forward to while working with us. We’re confident we have what it takes to pass the duvet test every day. Come and work for MIC and you’ll be leaping out of bed each and every morning!!
We are now looking for an SEO Executive to join our Liverpool based team and help set up and implement the digital strategy for a strong brand and a growing website. As SEO Executive your role will be to help grow organic traffic channels and conversion, growing this channel in line with personal and company targets.
As part of the role, you will be working alongside the wider marketing team, including acquisition and partnership teams to support on SEO best practice for campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and execute best in class SEO campaigns
- Recommend, implement and execute technical SEO improvements to the site to help support best SEO practices and organic visitor growth
- On-page and conversion optimisation
- Structured data implementation
- Organic conversion optimisation
- Weekly and adhoc analytics and reporting
- Understanding of wider Digital Media and how it relates to SEO
- Architecture, content, and backlink audits & recommendations
- Assist in building overall the site’s overall SEO strategy, incorporating both on-site and earned media actions
- Analyse and report on the impact of your SEO strategy, including tying specific tactics back to performance changes, through weekly reports and strategy modifications
- Present results to members of the wider marketing team in weekly reports
- Identify opportunities and gaps within the backlink profiles and plan and implement campaigns to drive new relevant links to key pages.
- Keep up to date with SEO developments and feed back into the rest of the team
- Keyword research and mapping
- 2+ years SEO experience
- Previous client facing experience
- Good knowledge of technical SEO best practices
- Understanding of cross device SEO
- Working knowledge of a variety of CMS
- Knowledge of Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Excellent technical skills - HTML, HTML5, CSS
- Previous experience in providing technical audits and ongoing recommendations
- Rudimentary understanding of web development processes
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Evidence of previous SEO success
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work to deadlines