SEN teacher - MLD - September 2017
Start : September 2017
Part time - Monday and Tuesday - temp to perm OR permanent
Teacher - Year 7, MLD class
The role would suit someone Primary trained
ITN Mark are working with a day community special school for pupils aged 4-16 with moderate learning difficulties and additional complex needs (including Autism). There are places for 100 young people, usually in classes of around 12. Their team work togetherto provide the best education and pastoral care to ensure that the school is a place of learning for everyone.
The school's philosophy is that pupils will flourish and achieve their full potential when they are taught:
- In a nurturing, safe and engaging environment.
- With consistently excellent, engaging and progressive teaching and learning opportunities for all.
- A broad and innovative curriculum which enriches the experience of our pupils.
- And provided with opportunities for life-long learning, growing independence and to be valued members of society.
What's on offer:
- Outstanding and on-going Continuing Professional Development;
- Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents and governors;
- A wide and developing community of inclusive mainstream and special schools for you to work with and support;
- A developed and extending multi-agency network;
- An innovative future as we co-locate with mainstream schools;
- A school that expects excellence from all;
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Hold QTS and eligibility to work in the UK
- Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
- Commit to the learning and development of pupils
- Teach at a consistently outstanding level
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
You don't have to have SEN experience, but the right attitude, willingness to learn and get stuck in, as well as a sense of humour, are essential.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.