Quantity Surveyor (R&M/Planned) - Social Housing Contractor - Permanent - Powys, Wales - Up To £40k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join a newly formed joint venture company within the social housing sector based in Powys consisting of Responsive Repairs, Voids and some planned works. The contract includes a variation of domestic repairs priced using the national schedule of rates (NHF v6.1) as well as some decent homes works such as kitchen & bathroom replacements. This new role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to play a vital role in forming, influencing and growing a sustainable and profitable business along with a career platform to become a key member of the senior management team.
- Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
- Price repairs to NHF Schedule of Rates V6.1.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
- Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client’s representative.
- Prepare monthly valuation reports for Senior Management.
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
- Assist in the control of individual contract budgets
My client is a Joint Venture Company formed in 2017 by a large housing maintenance contract and a local Council in order to provide maintenance services to the Council’s housing and property portfolio. Additionally the company has tangible growth plans to deliver property services and construction projects to clients in the immediate, adjacent and wider geographical locations.
The business is currently based in across three locations in Llandrindod Wells, Newtown and Brecon.
This new role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to play a vital role in forming, influencing and growing a sustainable and profitable business along with a career platform to become a key member of the senior management team.
Successful candidates will have previous experience working as a QS within the social housing sector. They will have an understanding of valuing sub-contractor works to the National Schedule of Rates (NHF 6.1). They will have a BSc,HND or HNC (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
Role: Quantity Surveyor (R&M)
Location: Powys, Wales
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Package