Private Client Tax Senior - Top 30 Firm
AJ Chambers Tax Specialists are pleased to have recently taken instruction from a Top 30 Firm based near King’s Cross, who are looking for a Private Client Tax Senior to join their specialist Private Client department. This is a role offering strong progression for talented individuals with full study support.
You will be joining the firm’s large, successful Private Client department, which deals with private clients and trusts. Your role will predominantly involve the day to day running of a client portfolio and assisting with advisory work arising from the portfolio. You will also offer support for adhoc projects and advice as needed.
Your client portfolio will consist of high profile figures, professionals, entrepreneurs, partnerships and an increasing number of non-UK domiciled clients.
Responsibilities will include;
- Preparing tax returns for Manager review
- Acting as a middleman between clients and Managers
- Assisting with training and supervision of junior staff
- Assisting with the general private client issues, suggesting tax planning opportunities for your portfolio
- Communication with HMRC and clients. Answering client queries
- ATT qualified with good results and keen to study CTA
- At least two years’ personal tax experience, ideally gained within a reputable accountancy practice environment
- Good general knowledge of income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gain taxes and benefits, and non-doms. Basic knowledge of capital gains tax, treatment of foreign income, capital allowances, tax credits and IHT
- Working knowledge of Digita desirable, but full training will be provided. Strong general IT skills essential
- Quick in picking up knowledge of client’s affairs
- Able to produce accurate work using own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates common sense, able to seek advice from managers before making significant decisions
- Proactive, able to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills. Confidence in communicating with clients, both junior and senior colleagues, and other stakeholders
The firm offers an extensive remuneration package, with full CTA study support for the successful candidate
For further information on this Private Client Tax Senior role, please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers.