Head of IT / CTO - City Financial Broker
City based, well established and highly capitalized CFD broker business is seeking a new Head of IT to oversee and manage all aspects of the Information Technology team.
Reporting to the CEO and Board, you will be tasked with leading strategy, technology vision and global infrastructure for the business. You will be an industry-recognized expert in multiple fields of practice described, and have detailed working knowledge of all other fields within IT including: Windows and Linux Server Operations, Global Desktop and Site Support, Help Desk, Information Security, and Collaboration Technologies (Voice/Video Conferencing/Mobile Devices).
Having successfully managed IT teams in other fast-growing environments, the head of IT will be comfortable in an environment of uncertainty and rapid change. You will be able to accomodate International Travel in Europe on a monthly basis to other offices.
Responsibilities (Limited Overview - full details on request)
- Design, install, configure, maintain, develop and test the company’s desktop/server environment and the supporting infrastructure
- Engineer solutions to install, configure, maintain and test software/operating systems, patches, updates and any other required objects
- Provide initial responses and where appropriate resolutions to staff within agreed response times
- Management of trading servers infrastructures
- Management of trading and banking applications; back office systems
- Management of an IT environment compliant with the BoE requirements and ISO 27001
- Data protection and prevention of frauds and hack attacks
- Architecture of the network
- Business continuity and recovery plan
- Installing, maintaining and administrating company servers, computers, printers, cables and other equipment.
- Research issues on various computer systems and databases to resolve complaints and answer enquiries.
- Planning, designing and implementing various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, and software applications
- Administer servers, desktop computers, backup jobs and procedure, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Assess new technologies (hardware and software) for suitability within the organization
- Budgeting and negotiation skills dealing with vendors
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT and Security applications and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Create procedures, evaluation criteria, policies and standards for the assessment, acquisition, implementation, and ongoing operation of all IT applications
- Ensure smooth operation of team, high quality delivery of desktop and office support; gauge user success and satisfaction, and design program for continuous improvement. Identify and fix problems before they are noticed
- Create and maintain standards for office system design; document plans for rapid, consistent, repeatable and predictable deployment of new offices and work locations
Technical Skills Required
- Design, installation, configuration and maintenance of all components for SCCM and MDT;
- MSI technology - editing, amendment, configuration of MSI installers and MSI custom actions, using Orca, Install Shield (AdminStudio) or Advanced Installer;
- Scripting - developing scripts in at least 2 of the following languages, in order of preference: Auto IT, PowerShell, VB Script’ Batch Scripting
- Packaging - use scripting and MSI editing to create complex software packages, that will install and configure applications to the desired state, automatically and silently;
- MDOP MBAM - design, installation, configuration and maintenance of all components;
- Group Policy - administration of GP objects and design the GP model;
- Active Directory - moderate knowledge of Active Directory;
- Microsoft Windows - in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Workstation/Server Operating Systems and how they function, especially software installation/uninstallation and registry;
- Active Setup - ability to create Active Setup registry keys and deep understanding of the process;
- WSUS - design, installation, configuration and maintenance of all components;
- Change management - ability to follow internal procedures and best practices for change management;
- Experience with defining requirements, designing, developing, installing, configuring, testing, and implementing information systems in small to mid-scale enterprise environments as well as producing relevant documentation
- Good understanding of VMware vSphere 4.0 and up.
- O365 / Exchange administration
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good clear telephone manner
- Excellent customer focus and strong desire to provide exceptional helpdesk support
- A background in relevant customer care / service environment, including handling e-mail and telephone queries, preferably in an IT/software helpdesk environment
- Server Operating Systems: Windows 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, Active Directory / Domain Environment
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Desktop Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8 and 10 Systems: Windows 7 and 8
- Backup and restore processes (Veeam Backup/Replication)
- Knowledge of Cisco products would be beneficial
- IT security best practices
- Knowledge of F-Secure suite
- Knowledge of Avaya IP office would be beneficial
- IT Experience in Financial services
Desirable Qualifications and experience
- SCCM certification or well experienced in Microsoft SCCM process
- Networking knowledge would be beneficial
- Microsoft qualifications/courses completed MCSA / MCSE
- Other relevant IT qualification will be an advantage
- Educated to degree level in associated field