Technical Engineer - Diss, Norfolk
My client is looking to recruit an experienced Technical Engineer for their site in Diss, Norfolk.
The purpose of the role is to support the design and technical function one of the Company's products through the creation specifications, drawings, test plans, calibration fixtures and codes of practice for strain gauge based sensors.
Responsible for the production of drawings, test plans and supporting documentation for strain gauge based sensors.
- Responsible for the design of strain gauge installations.
- To create calibration and test routines for strain gauge based sensors.
- Responsible for authorising drawings, test plans and supporting documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring that Codes of Practice are up to date and follow best practices.
- Creation of specifications and liaison with customers ensuring that the customers requirements are captured.
- Creation of product costings and quote generation for presentation to the customer.
- Design and specification of test equipment, production procedures and improvements.
- Responsible for offering technical support to the production department and handing over of designs to production.
- To undertake trials of build methods and components for new projects.
- Responsible for producing test plans for new product validation.
- Responsible for investigation of production failures and repairs ensuring that appropriate containment is put in place.
- To carry out any duties as required by the company to ensure a quality product and service is delivered to customers on time.
- To identify and participate in any training or development which could contribute to your department or company objectives.
- To participate in and support a continuous improvement culture through offering suggestions for improvement and implementing for your area - identify and minimise all forms of non-added value.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
HND, BEng or BSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Discipline
Proven previous experience of designing strain gauge installations or Loadcells advantageous.
Ability to achieve design/project objectives and high standards.
Ability to create reports and Codes of Practice.
Ability to provide technical support to the Production Department.
Experience of working as part of a cross functional project team to deliver designs into production.
Previous experience of CATIA V5 or other 3D CAD package.
Strong quality standards.
Great communications skills both verbal and written
Good time management skills
Excellent problem solving skills and decision making skills
Can meet strict deadlines
Good at building relationships
This is an excellent opportunity to join not only a well established company but also a growing one who are leaders in their field of expertise. So if you would like to know more about the role and the company and you have the skills and experience they are looking for please do let me have your CV. Thank you.