Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Physician Services
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and double award winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016 award by HealthInvestor and Laing Buisson.
The only private hospital group in the UK to specialise in complex and acute conditions able to invest in over £500 Million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques and medication.
At each of our world-class sites, we deliver care to a consistently high level. This is why we attract patients from around the globe. It's also why we are a beacon for some of the world's most renowned medical professionals.
This role will be part of our Physician Services Team based at HCA Healthcare UK Head Office in Marylebone. A community of physicians, innovators, experts, and leaders who partner to provide superior, patient-centred care across our network of high-performing doctors' practices, joint ventures, and hospitals, responsible for physician employment and practice management.
This is a brand new role created due to exciting business growth and expansion of the Physician Services department.
Main focus of Business Development Manager, will be to build and develop existing relationships with Medical Consultants who are users of HCA via Joint Venture (JV) facilities - both investors and non-investors of the business and seek out new business Joint Venture partnerships to continuing build and expand opportunity of revenue generating clinics.
This role is critical to the success, quality and safe operation of a consultants' clinical practice within a JV agreement. The post holder will ideally be familiar with hospital operations, language and roles, and will facilitate the building of ongoing Consultant relationships, both with new and existing Consultant users, and as a result facilitate growth of new service areas or business.
In Return HCA can offer.
- Competitive Salary, dependent upon skills and experience.
- Full Time Hours 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Occasional evening work required for events and meetings.
- Permanent contract
- Private pension, 25 days annual leave, Private Medical Healthcare cover
Season ticket travel card loan (of up to the value of £10,000)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director of Business Development within Physician Services, this role will be responsible for evaluating, planning, and maintaining current and new JV partnerships and continue to maintain the current relationships with the consultants after the JV is operational.
- Identifying growth areas or opportunities of Consultant activity areas of improvement within Clinics JV Partnerships to maximise return on investment benefiting both parties with the partnership. Advise Director of Business Development with any JV working issues, opportunities and barriers in developing/growing hospital product lines and outpatient services.
- Attend regular JV Members meetings to share JV operating details. Identify, prioritise, analyze and complete project reviews ensuring efficient use of Consultant patient practices and opportunities to maximize revenue for both parties.
- Pro-actively, maintain relationships and regular communication with key HCA Stakeholders and JV Consultant Investors to review patient activity and ensuring capturing of revenue is efficiently utilized to benefit the JV.
- Develop reporting metrics and data collection needed to better analyse how often investors are utilsing the HCA Clinic through bringing in business and referrals to benefit both parties within the venture.
Skills & Experience
- Exposure to Business Development and Business Growth strategies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Development of Business Case Proposals
- Contract Management
- Business Partnering
- Familiar with private practice hospital operations
- Knowledge of Consultant Contracts and revenue streams