International Sales Manager
A great opportunity to join one of the UK's premier independent media companies. Established over 50 years ago, it publishes leading B2B magazines and websites and organises an extensive portfolio of B2B exhibitions, awards, conferences, roundtables and events.
This company is a successful, dynamic and innovative company passionate about delivering excellence, which it does through the hard work and creativity of its people. A highly pro active and forward looking company, our client recognises the value of driven and productive people, rewarding success with competitive reward packages.
The aim of the role is primarily to develop new business whilst maintaining and increasing existing client spend through the introduction and selling of relevant marketing opportunities.
This portfolio will be comprised of a quarterly magazine, website, directory and international roundtables
Although not exclusively, the client base will be international and therefore the attendance of overseas events and meetings will be essential to the success of this role.
- Introduce new and existing clients to the portfolios' magazine, directory, website and events
- Build multi-platform sales by growing existing accounts and developing new business to agreed targets
- Achieve the specific magazine and digital personal targets
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth within managed market sector
- Work collaboratively with editorial and marketing to identify and develop new marketing solutions and take them to market.
- Clearly communicate key deliverables for complex multi-platform sales and ensure effective delivery by working with relevant team members
- Communicate proactively with the team and Business Development Manager & Sales Director
- Deliver accurate and timely sales administration; keeping effective and up to date records on the company CRM system
- Meet company standards on sales as defined from time to time
- Keep up to date with the competition
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting
- Achieve and maintain the required KPI's agreed with Sales Manager
- Other projects or tasks as necessary from time to time
- Development of market sector and product knowledge to required standard
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Sales: takes a consultative approach delivering personal sales across multi-platforms for all relevant business opportunities and comfortable with both face to face over the phone sales
- Team working: works collaboratively with both sales and editorial
- Enterprising: identifies and recommends opportunities for growth
- Communication and personal effectiveness: clear and literate written and verbal communication skills; the ability to deal proactively with key internal and external stakeholders and build relationships
- Personal qualities: high level of integrity, driven, dynamic, focussed, approachable and positive personality
- Market knowledge: aptitude to understand and develop knowledge within the market