Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager
Salary: £22-£25K (DOE) + Benefits
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Term: Full Time, Permanent
You may be interested in this vacancy if you've also been searching for: Assistant Manager, Assistant Food Store Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, Retail Assistant Manager, Retail Store Manager, Retail Store Assistant Manager.
Overall Job Purpose:
To manage, on a daily basis, the operation of the store in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with the Society`s policies and rules, with the objective of maximising store profitability.
1. To deputise for the Store Manager in his/her absence.
2. To maintain appropriate levels of stock availability to customers, through the effective use of stock and order procedures, to maximise sales within agreed stockholding targets.
3. To implement and maintain stock ranges in accordance with Society planograms and promotional programmes and ensure such merchandise is well-presented and promotional material effectively displayed.
4. To keep levels of stock losses to a minimum via effective in store stock controls, and record and report all known losses such as wastage, freezer breakdowns, burglary and theft in a timely and efficient manner.
5. To maintain the security of the store, its contents and its colleagues in accordance with the Food Store Policy & Procedures Manual.
6. To maintain effective cash, banking and till controls, to ensure cash in tills and on the premises is kept to a minimum and cash banked is maximised.
7. To ensure that the store is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and presentation and any remedial maintenance work required is identified and communicated to the appropriate party.
8. To ensure all store colleagues are trained to an acceptable level in all in-store procedures and to identify to the Operational Support Manager any training and development needs that may need to be undertaken off site.
9. To ensure that all store personnel adhere to Society policies and procedures and to take appropriate disciplinary action where necessary.
10. To ensure that the store is adequately staffed, supervised and managed during all hours of occupancy, to meet the level and nature of demand of the business, within budgetary constraints.
11. To ensure that all hours of work, holidays and sickness are properly recorded and communicated to the Payroll Office to timetable in accordance with the Store Policy & Procedures Manual.
12. To ensure that every effort is made by all store colleagues to meet the needs of the customer and to promote effective customer service.
13. To ensure compliance with all legal requirements including Health & Safety Practices, Fire Precautions, Food Hygiene Controls, Licensing Laws, Check Scanning and ensure completion of the Daily Operations Book.
14. To abide by and carry out the Society`s Health & Safety policy.
15. To abide by and carry out the Society`s Employment Policy.
16. To carry out other duties as may be required by the business from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Sales Performance to budget.
- Shrinkage to budget.
- Stockholding to budget.
- Personnel Cost to budget.
- Net Profitability to budget.