UK Project Leader
I have an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client who operates a very successful international high speed passenger and commercial freight vehicle service. Due to an internal restructure they now have a requirement for a Senior Power Supply Engineer who will be working as a specialist on a number of High Voltage Engineering Projects.
As an experienced Senior Power Supply Project Engineer you will be working on a high voltage network of up to 1000 kV and ensuring safety , validity and capability of all programs that convert and distribute electrical energy.
About the role
- As the Senior Power Supply Project Engineer you will be managing a variety of projects and installations plus provide technical improvements on the supplies, distribution networks and protection devices for the network.
- Construction of FACTS Flexible Alternative Current Transmission system equipment (Power Electronics)
- You will be carrying out stability studies of the HV network (from 21 kV to 225 kV)
- As the lead Senior Power Supply Engineer on many projects you will technically project manage a team engineers in both France and England.
- You will also conduct feasibility and operational studies to improve the efficiency of the network and the operation.
- Health and Safety awareness and compliance is essential at all times
- As a Senior Power Supply Project Engineer it is imperative that you have substantial work experience on High voltage Networks up to 225 kV.
- Ideally you will have some experience working with a high voltage substation or similar
- You will possess a Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Have a minimum Health and Safety Qualification of Nebosh
- 5 years working experience in a similar specialist or senior electrical/electronic position
- You will have previous experience in a Leadership Position and be able to demonstrate Technical Leadership or Project Management experience
- You will have working experience with protection relay devices
- You will be used to working within a multi-cultural environment
- Ideally you will possess French Language and Communication skills both verbal and written to an intermediate level
- You must hold a full Driving Licence
The Company and Benefits
As the Senior Power Supply Project Engineer you will be rewarded with the benefits of working for a very successful innovate company, including:
- Attractive Salary and Annual Discretionary Bonus Scheme £60 - £65,000
- Productivity Payment (after Probation scheme)
- 25 Days Annual Leave , 2 additional days with Service plus all paid public holidays
- Sick pay on a sliding scale
- Permeant Heath Insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension scheme (minimum employee contribution 4% - no maximum. Employer contributes the same +1%, up to a maximum of 8%, e.g employee 4% - employer 5% or employee 7% - employer 8%)
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary) (increased to 7 x annual salary if member of the company DC pension scheme)
- Share Incentive Plan
- Private healthcare for employee (taxable benefit) (currently provided by BUPA)
- Westfield Cash plan (can be extended for greater benefits or full family)
- Accident Insurance (4 x annual salary), Legal Assurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) service (through Westfield policy)
- Cheap travel between England and France
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV to the link below
Coburg Banks Technical specialise in recruiting Senior Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Production Managers, Design Engineers and Technical Managers across a wide range of industries throughout the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within Engineering, Manufacturing or Construction then please refer them to us.