IT Service Desk Manager
Provide the day to day management of the IT Service Desk and Application Support team to ensure it provides an effective and efficient IT Support Service to the whole business and exceeds their expectations. Responsible for end to end ownership and resolution of all IT support issues. Management, support and maintenance of the business desktop environment.
Ensure the resolution of all IT incidents and service requests within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Successfully follow the agreed ITIL processes and procedures, whilst continually reviewing to find improvements to the current incident and service request processes
- Day to day management and development of the IT Service Desk and Application Support team, dealing with any operational and staff issues.
- Management of difficult situations with the business in a timely fashion, communicating in a clear and effective manner
- A strong IT Service Management background, managing and measuring ITIL processes such as SLA’s, Incident, Change Management, Problem Management, Asset and Configuration Management and IT Service reporting.
- Working closely with Technical Support Manager, and the Infrastructure team.
- Providing third line support including, monitoring, troubleshooting and improving service delivery.
- Ability to discuss and resolve technical issues with other technical staff and business contacts.
- Involved in recruitment of additional IT Service Desk members and other staff members in the IT Service Delivery team as necessary.
- Development of team members, including both technical and soft skills through mentoring and training.
- Hold annual appraisals and regular feedback throughout the year to ensure team meet their objectives.
- Regular analysis and reporting on teams’ performance.
- Hold regular team meetings to keep team up to date with all key changes across the department and business.
- Continually look for ways to improve the overall support services.
- Provide support for all remote working services.
- Provide support for company core applications/services.
- Responsible for all desktop and laptop builds and supporting processes.
- Work closely and provide support to the audio visual function, and look for any further improvements in this service.
- Responsible for IT knowledge management to ensure the necessary information is up to date and is available to the right people at the right time.
- Management of support projects to agreed time scales.
End to end ownership and accurate ticket logging of all incidents and service requests, where necessary.
- Resolution of incidents and service requests within agreed SLA times.
- Investigate ways to continually improve the overall support service to the company.
- Ensure the successful resolution and end to end ownership of all incidents and service requests by:
- 80% First Time Fix (FTF)
- All calls answered <30 seconds
- <10% Call abandonment
- 95% of all incidents and service requests resolved within the agreed SLA
- Statistics from phone system (ACD), and Service Management solutions
- Ensure customer satisfaction improves year on year.
- Feedback from business contacts, team members and IT staff.
- Appraisals yearly.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong leadership skills
- Soft skills
- Previous team leader experience
- Ability to work well and keep calm under pressure
- Ability to mentor and coach staff to fulfil their potential
- Maintain good working relationships with all members of IT and the business
- Highly motivated, willing to continually update knowledge and skill set
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Consistently working to provide a responsive, effective and personable IT support service to exceed our customer expectations
- Work according to ITIL processes and procedures
- Use initiative with a positive and can do attitude
- End to end management of business impacting incidents
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of staff within IT and across the business. Excellent attention to detail and in all forms of communication
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with pressurised situations
- Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising work load, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities
- Professional appearance at all times
- Flexible approach to role
- Production of support documentation
- Business process design to map existing processes, re-engineer or define processes to enhance the IT Service
- Statistical analysis
- Health and safety awareness in the work place
- Office XP/2003/2007/2010 - advanced level
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Exchange administration
- Advanced knowledge of ADSL and WiFi technologies
- Advanced knowledge of RIM Blackberry, HTC, Mobile devices
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Knowledge of all core applications including but not limited to:
- Dynamics CRM
- K Vault Email archiving (KVS) or similar email archiving solutions
- Installation/moves of hardware such as printers, digital senders, MFD's (multi-function devices), PC's and all peripheral items
- Strong knowledge of remote working solutions such as ADSL, Broadband, 3G and VPN's (virtual private network)
- Knowledge of building PC's and troubleshooting support issues
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment and solutions
- Citrix presentation server
- Essential Citrix knowledge including but not exclusive to:
- Xen apps experience
- Xen apps deployments
- Citrix Xen app protocols
Desirable skills and experience:
- Advanced Office support skills
- Office 2007
This job description may change from time to time, on reasonable notice, according to the business needs.