Scaffolding & Temporary Works Design Engineer
£30,000 - £45,000
Salary is negotiable dependant experience and ability
Bristol based with travel to site
Performance related bonus
Clifton Shard has a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our client in Bristol on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a privately-owned scaffold and temporary works company that provide expert solutions within theConstruction, Civil Engineering and Railway sectors.The business has enjoyed great success and are proud to say that 80% of their work is based on repeat business or referrals. They have provided recent design and installation for companies such as Highways England, Network Rail, Skanska and Balfour Beatty to name a few.
The business is now looking ahead to the future of the company and have an impressive growth plan, beginning with the recruitment of an additional Design Engineer.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide scaffolding and temporary works design schemes including the production of detailed design drawings, structural calculations and design risk assessments for a range of commercial and industrial projects throughout the UK.
- The design of scaffolding and temporary works in accordance with the British and European codes of practice and UK construction and Health and safety legislation
- Apply engineering knowledge to analyse the structural integrity of scaffolding and temporary works structures ranging from simple hand calculations to second order frame analysis
- Identify and design out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction or elimination of risk
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and represent the company at design and site meetings.
- Assisting management in producing quotations for new enquiries
- Take off and sourcing materials for projects and ensure timely delivery in line with customer programme requirements
- Understand the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of scaffolding and temporary works, as well as its main function in key industry sectors and apply this knowledge to ensure designs are building for operatives
- Prepare method risk assessments in advance of project start dates
- Ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner in accordance with procedures
We are interested in speaking with motivated and ambitious individuals that are looking for an opportunity to join a growing business and make a real difference, this position gives you the opportunity to grow within the company.
To be considered you will be an experienced Design Engineer with excellent AutoCAD & Design skills and construction experience.
Other essential criteria include:
BEng / MEng in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering. BEng/MEng/BSc/MSc in a similar construction related engineering discipline will be considered.
- Knowledge of the main requirements of Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2015 & Health and Safety awareness
- Knowledge of the main requirements of The Work at Height Regulations (WAHR) 2005
- Knowledge of relevant British and European Standards 12811-1, BS 5975 and BS EN 1991.
- Construction related industry experience, either site or office based
- AutoCAD draughting skills to UK construction design standards
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
This is a unique and exciting opportunity with real growth potential, so we welcome applications from motivated and ambitious individuals. If you are interested, please apply online today and we will be in touch within two working days to discuss your application.
If you have questions or would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail before applying, please contact Lisa Tancock who will be happy to discuss with you in more detail.