Ophthalmic Health Care Assistant
A leading Ophthalmic clinic based in Harley Street are recruiting for a 'Ophthalmic Health Care Assistant'.
You MUST have experience working in Ophthalmology.
The role is paying £27K.
- ensuring that all patients proceeding to surgery have signed and had witnessed their operation consent form and the patient file is complete
- ensuring that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- ensure that patient care is appropriate and individual requests are accommodated as far as is reasonable and safe.
- ensuring that patients are comfortable throughout process and patient wishes and well-being are central to the care delivered.
- ensure that patients are discharged from surgery with the appropriate prescribed medication and advice, including emergency contact numbers and follow up care has been arranged.
- assisting with mailing out patient information packs and medication
- making up spectacles
- performing pre and post-operative lensometry, auto-refraction, topography, wavefront, IOPs, snellen and jaeger vision and pupilometry
- monitoring and reporting on faulty clinical equipment and/or accessories
- daily cleaning of optometry testing equipment in consulting rooms
- daily and monthly cleaning of laser suite
- monitoring and maintaining appropriate stock levels for operating theatre
- assist surgeon during procedures, which will include undertaking role of scrub assistant
Qualifications and Experience
• ODP and/or Scrub theatre experience
• Pre & post-operative theatre experience (diagnostics, anaesthetics)
• Experience of working in Ophthalmics
? Proven ability to take initiative and work without direct supervision
? Accurate numerical skills
? Proficient in the use of IT systems and packages including Word and Excel and the use of databases
? Ability to plan ahead, set and adjust priorities and work to deadlines
? Enthusiastic and eager to learn and develop new skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a thriving clinic with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!