Buying Coordinator - Leather
Our client is one of Britain’s most iconic brands, a global leader and one of the UK’s most dynamic and forwarding thinking organisation. Due to their continued development they are currently looking to recruit a driven Raw Materials buyer who will specialise within their Textile, Leather and Composite area, all materials that are used across their Hard Accessories Supply Chain.
The role will be tasked to achieving and exceeding functional quality standards, through a strong and content supplier base, strategically sound relationships and sound technical knowledge. The role will need to contribute in driving strategic thinking through a matrix approach, optimising efficiencies in ordering, cost negotiations, Raw Material stock management and on time delivery.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Ensure a robust procurement strategy and approach to Textile, Leather and Composite materials
- Partner with business and maintain Procurement’s understanding of business future needs
- The development and maintenance of a robust supplier matrix
- Build and develop strong supplier relationships
- Participate in the negotiations or raw material costs
To be considered for this position the successful candidate must have extensive work experience within the leather and textiles industry , have previous procurement or buying responsibilities, have technical knowledge of leather and have solid understanding and prior experience managing relationships with suppliers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic business which is constantly evolving in a strategically important role for them.