Head of Finance Projects
An established brand within the hospitality space is currently in need of an established Financial Controller with project management capabilities to join the for a 12 month maternity cover position.
This will be a key role within the global structure supporting the Finance Director in developing and maintaining an effective Finance function. The successful candidate will take the lead in representing Finance on global projects.
- Support the FD in developing and maintaining processes, policies and systems to ensure that Regional finance accounting and reporting is accurate, timely and compliant.
- Finance Representative in the BI Prioritisation meetings. Work closely with the BI team on Finance BI developments and issue resolution. Ensure integrity of Finance BI reports.
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of local Finance teams to ensure processes, policies and systems are properly complied with.
- Undertake project work for the Regional finance organisation - e.g. leading task forces to tackle emerging issues, reviewing and recommending changes to systems and process, leading implementation of these changes.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Regional finance organisation
- Raise potential financial, business, legal or other risks and opportunities proactively to global finance functions and regional/local business & function heads
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent)
- Project management experience
- Proven working experience in project management of finance activities.
- Good project management skills: Able to independently set-up projects (timeline, steering committees, etc.) sticking to timelines and presenting results in a way which allows informed decisions to be taken quickly
- Flexible approach and ability to operate within a dynamic global environment.
- Experience of dealing with complex international and multi-currency organisation
- Advanced Excel (inc Macros and pivots), PowerPoint, MS Office.
- Ability to interrogate and analyse large and complex data sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all audiences (including top management written and verbally)
- Demonstrate good technical accounting skills and understanding of accounting principles including UK GAAP, IFRS, TAX & VAT compliance.